Windows 10: Cannot delete any OneDrive file

Discus and support Cannot delete any OneDrive file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I cannot delete ANY Onedrive file on my desktop. Nothing happens when I press delete. I can move the file to another non-One Drivefolder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bosweden, Jun 5, 2019.

1. bosweden Win User

Cannot delete any OneDrive file

Hello! I cannot delete ANY Onedrive file on my desktop. Nothing happens when I press delete. I can move the file to another non-One Drivefolder and delete it there. I can also delete a Onedrive file from a laptop linked via local network. I am logged on as Admin.

Grateful for any suggestions.

:)

bosweden, Jun 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Manjunath_H, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize how frustrating these things can be.
    We at Microsoft prioritize our customers’ satisfaction. I appreciate the time you have taken to work on this issue.

I suggest you to refer the steps from the article
    Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive

to restore the files and check if that helps.

You can also contact the OneDrive support team by following the steps mentioned below:

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot delete any OneDrive file - Similar Threads - Cannot delete OneDrive

2. cannot see any files on onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see any files on onedrive: just today on two separate computers pc and a laptop both using windows 10 onedrive shows no files at all from my opening page My Files. I am up to date on payment. I've been using onedrive for many many years and this has never occurred before....
  3. cannot see any files on onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see any files on onedrive: just today on two separate computers pc and a laptop both using windows 10 onedrive shows no files at all from my opening page My Files. I am up to date on payment. I've been using onedrive for many many years and this has never occurred before....
  4. cannot see any files on onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting files on OneDrive

Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  6. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on OneDrive: I deleted two Microsoft Word documents in the OneDrive Desktop folder. I exited the folder but the files are still there - but I can't open, rename, hide or delete them, only move their location on the Desktop screen, because the 'file location wasn't found'. Help - what do I...
  7. Deleting files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive and File Deletion

OneDrive and File Deletion: On Windows 10, using MS File Explorer to elete a file that is in a directory where the settings are set to keep a copy on the pC and on OneDrive. Whe I delete some files, I get this message which makes me suspecious that there is something wrong. This only started a week...
  9. Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC

Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC: I'm suddenly finding I can no longer delete any files in the OneDrive folders on my PC, even if OneDrive is no longer running. I've also tried deleting the files with the PC running in safe mode, but they still won't delete. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click on...
  10. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive problem can copy file cant delete file

2. delete hard drive files

3. cannot remove one drive file

4. onedrive picture wont delete,
  5. how to delete onedrive files from pc after logging out,
  6. cant delete onedrive file,
  7. one drive files not deleting,
  8. cant delete from onedrive folder,
  9. onedrive folders are unable to delete,
  10. unable to delete files from onedrive,
  11. nothing happens when i try to delete on onedrive,