Windows 10: Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

Discus and support Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sheamansenior777, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

Hi

I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address from a deceased relative which I cannot delete, which gives me grief whenever I see this address pop up. As everyone else has said Outlook & every other e-mail provider has a simple delete function for this most basic of tasks, why are Microsoft just ignoring such a deluge of complaints when the fix must be so simple?

Regards

Danny

*****Moved from Windows 10 / Windows settings*****

:)

sheamansenior777, Aug 23, 2018

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Aug 23, 2018
  3. How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List?

On Mail App, the Auto-Complete List displays suggestions for names and email addresses as you start to type in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes. These suggestions are derived from names and email addresses that you have typed before.

How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List on my Windows Phone 7.5 (Nokia Lumia 800C)?

加文(Gavin), Aug 23, 2018
  4. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

E-mail address autocomplete list, where?

Hello,

I need to clean the e-mail autocomplete address list, you know every time you write an e-mail the phone suggests an address. Like the grey "pop-up" (actually, pop-below), but that is the list I need to clean/delete - So where is it? or how do I clean that
    list?

BR

:smileysad:

Mentor_JRH, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

1. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses - Similar Threads - Cannot delete Auto

2. Inadvertently changed an e-mail address - want to delete it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inadvertently changed an e-mail address - want to delete it: Unintentionally changed my primary email address name. Need to cancel it. No change was needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inadvertently-changed-an-e-mail-address-want-to/61048569-774f-4fff-943a-cffd3aa66d56
  3. Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11: When setting up a new Windows 11 laptop, I accidentally typed my e-mail address incorrectly. This incorrect account is now the Administrator account. I have managed to create a second user account with the correct e-mail address, but I cannot make it the Administrator and...
  4. Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11: When setting up a new Windows 11 laptop, I accidentally typed my e-mail address incorrectly. This incorrect account is now the Administrator account. I have managed to create a second user account with the correct e-mail address, but I cannot make it the Administrator and...
  5. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  6. Deleting old e-mail addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting old e-mail addresses: Despite having only one current e-mail address per person in the People app when I type a name in the To box of Mail for Windows an old e-mail address occasionally appears as well as the current correct one. How do I locate these old addresses and delete them?...
  7. Incorrect E-Mail Address

in Browsers and Email
    Incorrect E-Mail Address: What should happen when you send an e-mail but you entered the address incorrectly like accidentally misspelling the name? I always assumed that the e-mail would be bounced back to make you aware of this problem. I have now discovered that some e-mail servers are like black...
  8. e-mail delete addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    e-mail delete addresses: How do I delete some e-mail addresses? Thanks very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-delete-addresses/1148dcf5-fb81-49fe-b814-c5c57a809bd7
  9. How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account?: It looks like someone hacked my kid's account and the e-mail address associated with the Microsoft account is not their address. I can see the details in the family section on my account home page. We do not have access to that e-mail account and my kid cannot login to...
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...