Windows 10: Cannot delete background image from windows

Discus and support Cannot delete background image from windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a semi transparent image of clouds on all my windows screens, microsoft programmes and on internet sites. I want to delete it, but cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SandraMcAndrew, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Cannot delete background image from windows

I have a semi transparent image of clouds on all my windows screens, microsoft programmes and on internet sites. I want to delete it, but cannot find it in any of the themes or pictures on my laptop. I have followed all the usual actions using personalisation and display settings but none remove it.

Cannot delete background image from windows [​IMG]

:)

SandraMcAndrew, Sep 20, 2019

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 20, 2019
  3. How to delete the Background images in Windows 10

3. In right-side pane, you'll see following 5 strings:

• BackgroundHistoryPath0
    • BackgroundHistoryPath1
    • BackgroundHistoryPath2
    • BackgroundHistoryPath3
    • BackgroundHistoryPath4
    Each string's value data field contains full image path of the recently used images which are shown in background history section of Settings app.

Cannot delete background image from windows [​IMG]

4. To remove any particular image from background history, delete the associated string from Registry.

To clear all 5 images from background history, delete all 5 above mentioned strings.

5. Now close Settings app and open it again to see the changes. Or switch to another section and then click on "Background" section again in Settings -> Personalization page and you'll notice
    that all recently used images have been deleted from the history section and default wallpapers have been restored.

That is the answer that should have been given. MS folks tend give goofy answers. I thought for sure someone would have suggested running DISM and SFC. Thanks for the correct answer SaikatPatra0511.

getschwifty44, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Cannot delete background image from windows

How to delete the Background images in Windows 10

Hi Karen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

My apologies for the delayed response.

I understand that you are unable to delete the custom images used as screen background. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the desktop screen
    and select Personalize.

2. Choose Background and click on Browse under
    Choose your picture.

3. Now you can delete the pictures from its location or choose the path where those pictures are saved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete background image from windows

1. Cannot delete background image from windows - Similar Threads - Cannot delete background

2. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  3. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  4. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  5. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  6. Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in: When I booted up my Toshiba Windows 10 this morning, the normal sign-in screen with the default changing-image Microsoft background was replaced by a blown-out image of a "Windows sign-in" box pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/q86fIRk.jpg. Typically, you click somewhere on...
  7. I cannot delete a TIFF image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete a TIFF image: I made a picture with a program gimp and then I couldn't delete it. I tried all the way but to no avail Even through CMD Now a picture on the desktop and I don't want to do a format Others face the same problem without solutions...
  8. Background Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Image: My laptop changed the background image by itself with my PC's one. I installed Windows 10 from there website on my new PC and reinstalled the same Windows on my laptop. I connected on both devices on my Microsoft Account. However I did this a few weeks ago and my laptop's...
  9. DELETE IMAGE FROM SCREEN

DELETE IMAGE FROM SCREEN: I have an image on the screen that no matter what I do I cant delete it. All other screens are fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-image-from-screen/4e8eeb24-ef86-49a6-80ce-d1ea3c13034f
  10. Cannot change background image on Windows 10

Cannot change background image on Windows 10: Cannot change background image on Windows 10, and not because I don't know how. It simply is not working! 17318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image appeared on desktop cannot delete

2. cannot delete themes in the background