Windows 10: Cannot delete bios password

Discus and support Cannot delete bios password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my ASUS laptop so I can pass it to a new user. I have run the reset PC program from Windows 2 times, which is designed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RJE, Aug 4, 2017.

1. RJE
    RJE Win User

Cannot delete bios password

I am trying to reset my ASUS laptop so I can pass it to a new user. I have run the reset PC program from Windows 2 times, which is designed to eliminate all personal files and information. Windows 10 reloaded properly and I have eliminated all passwords related to any prior windows users and deleted all prior identities. However, I cannot logon to PC unless I enter my old password in a blue dialogue box before windows login screen appears. The dialog box looks like something from the bios. As the reset was proceeding I also had to enter this "Bios password" each time the program restarted the PC during the reset process. I want to eliminate any and all password requirements so a new user can set the laptop up as they wish and especially without having to use any of my old passwords. How do I accomplish this???

:)

2. SangTan Win User

Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

It was a pre-owned. The message "You must restart your computer to turn off User Account Control" is just at notification center at right side of screen, and I could not delete it.

I did clean install and deleted all partitions.

I can access the BIOS with no password.

Finally, I believe it is Computrace lojack. This setting on BIOS is Enabled and cannot be changed.

Do you know anything about Computrace and how to get rid of it?

SangTan, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Windows 10 - Reset

Butch,

It sounds as though you are referring to a password put in the BIOS/UEFI and not to a Windows user account password.

If that is the case & you cannot get into the BIOS/UEFI to reset the forgotten password then your only recourse is to contact the computer maker.

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 4, 2017
  4. Cannot delete bios password

Hi RJE. Welcome to the TenForums @RJE

You need to enter your BIOS and remove there. Not sure what key you press just as the machine starts, my Asus desktop uses DEL. You power on a quickly press a couple of times the DEL key.

When you boot you very well see the menu along the bottom. Some use DEL, some ESC, Some F2.

You can also get manual from Asus online and it should tell you the correct key and even the panel to look for.

I think your panel will be label either Boot or Security.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2017
  5. RJE
    RJE Win User
    F2 during restart opened BIOS. I then proceeded to delete all passwords and now everything is working correctly. Many, many thanks Ken.

6. Great. Glad the forum could help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot delete bios password

1. Cannot delete bios password - Similar Threads - Cannot delete bios

2. Password/BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password/BIOS: Should a person set up a password in the BIOS of a computer?If so would I have to be signing in through the BIOS area whenever I boot up the computer each day?Would it keep any hackers from getting through the computer through a backdoor method? Kenneth...
  3. Password/BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password/BIOS: Should a person set up a password in the BIOS of a computer?If so would I have to be signing in through the BIOS area whenever I boot up the computer each day?Would it keep any hackers from getting through the computer through a backdoor method? Kenneth...
  4. Bios password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios password: Hi.I have a problem;I can't write bios password, because keyboard is not responding at all. Computer "beebs" everytime, when i press a button. I have tried 2 different keyboards and the results are the same. What can i do?...
  5. Bios password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios password: Hi.I have a problem;I can't write bios password, because keyboard is not responding at all. Computer "beebs" everytime, when i press a button. I have tried 2 different keyboards and the results are the same. What can i do?...
  6. BIOS PASSWORD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS PASSWORD: I forgot the password I set to enter into the BIOS on an HP Pavilion -550-110. I am trying to enable hardware virtualization but cannot until I can access the BIOS. I've read about opening up the computer and physically interfering with the system but knowing no more than I...
  7. Bios password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bios password: I've been having this problem for a few months now but I honestly don't know what to do right now. I tried like taking out the cmos battery, pressing buttons, watching videos, and going two other websites to ask for help. Unfortunately they just keep telling me to call...
  8. delete password in Bios

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete password in Bios: I want to delete my password in the Bios so I can trade it in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-password-in-bios/2b9b93da-eaae-48e7-924a-1b37f61cf5f1"
  9. Bios Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios Password: I have an Hp ProDesk 400 G3 SFF. I got a message that I needed a bios update. Your probably thinking I should be on the Hp site but this has to do with the bios on the operating system. When I tried to update the bios it wanted the bios password. I bought this computer brand...
  10. Bios password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bios password: I removed my harddisk and placed in another laptop where I formatted the local disk c and converted the GPT. now if I place it in my own laptop it says,'Boot device error'... the sad part is that I cant access my laptop's bios Any help....