Windows 10: Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; That is why I made the suggestion on Post #3. My point was to find out if the same problem existed when one signed in online. I was trying to point... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by daevidd, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Yup, it is just a deficiency of the new mail app

I used my outlook.com account to test, website works as you would expect, contact is gone, mail app decides to keep it forever because i have used it once

paulsalter, May 23, 2016
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Yup. Not just with the new Windows 10 Mail app, but this problem was also present in the Windows 8 Mail app and so it's been like it for years now. I reported it on UserVoice a long time ago.

It's things like this why I got fed up with sending Microsoft feedback, as it seems to be a complete waste of time. Feedback should be for more advanced issues that would be difficult for the developers to account for, people shouldn't need to be using the feedback system to report basic functionality issues like this to them, in the same way customers shouldn't need to tell a tyre fitter that he needs to balance wheels after replacing tyres. As professionals, they should already know, so not only would you expect something this basic have been thought of during the design stages of the app, but when you when go to the trouble of reporting the problem, instead of them fixing it they just put their fingers in their ears and say 'Here, have customisable backgrounds you never asked for instead'.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ARC1020, May 27, 2016
  3. ptangway Win User
    So, today we noticed that, after having all sync settings disabled, they all finally cleared out. I re-enabled syncing from gmail, and now it's correct.

Seems like it just took 4 weeks to synchronize.

ptangway, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

I hunted for days for how to do this; I couldn't delete contacts from Skype Video, Windows Messages, or the People app on my Surface Pro with Windows 10. This system was clearly designed by an idiot. However, the good news is I have found out how to do it.
    You need to be online to do this. Here we go:

• From the Windows main Menu, or the Tool Bar as you prefer, start "Settings".
    • Single LEFT click "Accounts"
    • Single LEFT click "Your email and accounts"
    • Scroll down to "Email, calendar, and contacts" and single LEFT click your "Outlook" account. This is usually named something like "user.name@domain.com Outlook" or similar.
    • A single LEFT click on this should reveal a button marked "Manage". Single LEFT click this button.
    • I dialogue box should open titled "Outlook account settings". Single LEFT click on "Change account settings".
    • This should open a web page in your default browser with your account settings. This is your Windows Live account page. On the left hand side, under "Hello" you should see an option marked "Looking for your Microsoft email?" with a link to "View inbox". Single LEFT click "View inbox".
    • This opens "Outlook.live.com" on a new page in your browser.
    • The top row of the page is a toolbar. On the right hand side of the toolbar is a little speech bubble button. Single LEFT click this and it opens your contacts list.
    Ta Dah!
    From here you can single RIGHT click any contact and delete it.
    If sync is set up on your device you should find any contact removed here will also be removed from Windows Messaging, People, Skype and Skype Video.

As I said, as far as I am aware this is the only way of deleting these contacts.

Good luck.

WildBillMojo, Dec 21, 2016
  5. ON people app all I did was click on their name
    Highlight it via Right Click and Delete comes up
    Once up just click yes and the contact and phone number goes,
    Same with Skype

hTconeM9user, Dec 21, 2016
  6. banger Win User
    I had a slightly different problem. One of my contacts changed his email address but replying to his new email address sent the email to the old address thus bouncing. I have tried the above outlook method to delete his contact to see if that works. Will know next time he emails me.

banger, Dec 21, 2016
  7. bestellen Win User
    When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

1. Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Cannot delete contacts

2. Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.: How do i delete the first two contacts from my people app in windows? They are slightly wrong where the third is correct and when I search in my Mail/Calendar people app, I cannot find them?...
  3. Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find or delete incorrect people contacts from Windows Mail/Calendar People app.: How do i delete the first two contacts from my people app in windows? They are slightly wrong where the third is correct and when I search in my Mail/Calendar people app, I cannot find them?...
  4. cannot delete account from mail app window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete account from mail app window 11: I cannot delete account from mail app on windows 11. I waiting for along time but process not success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-account-from-mail-app-window-11/ac3efa64-a9e7-47d3-90bd-0b732251c95e
  5. Cannot delete invalid account from Windows 10 Mail App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot delete invalid account from Windows 10 Mail App: A while ago I tried adding an Outlook account to the Windows 10 Mail App, which failed because new auth is forced there and I cannot disable it company account. Now, I am trying to delete it from the Mail App, but I cannot. What I do: 1. Select the faulty account from the...
  6. Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail

Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail: I am using Windows 10 Mail. I want to add a contact to the people app from an email. At this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14103/windows-people-app-help, I found the following information: If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email...
  7. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions: I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored somewhere, they have to be accessible...some way, some how. When I type a name into the address bar and I get ten suggestions for...
  8. Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail: I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried right clicking on the contact but the “delete” option is greyed out. I tried selecting the contact but there is no delete option...
  9. Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail

Contacts from Windows 10 Mail app not syncing to Hotmail: I have my Hotmail account setup in the Mail app. I fi create contacts in the Mail app, they are not syncing back to Hotmail, even though I have it setup to do so. I can go and force a sync but they never show up in Hotmail....
  10. Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App: Hello, I recently discovered that there is no backup or mail export feature in the Windows 10 Mail app. I need this capability so I intend to move to another email client (probably Thunderbird). I have two accounts in the W10 mail app, one Gmail and one POP3 account. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot delete contact from windows phone