Windows 10: Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

Discus and support Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Team, I downloaded a PDF file from the Flipkart website in which comparing of laptops consist. After opening that file, I tried to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ravikiran_G, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

Hello Team,

I downloaded a PDF file from the Flipkart website in which comparing of laptops consist.

After opening that file, I tried to delete that file but I couldn't perform any operation on that file.

I used Microsoft File and Folder trouble-shooter to detect any issue with that folder, couldn't find any.

Please help me to remove this file.

Thanks,

Ravikiran G

:)

Ravikiran_G, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Help with .bat to Copy and Rename to the same dir?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend is playing a prank on another friend, and this is pretty harmless, just a "friendly" reminder to him ^^

So, basically, the title explains it mostly, but I will go into detail.

What I need is a .bat that will create multiple .txt files in one directory. They must have some text in them.

That or copy an existing .txt file, and rename the multiple copies.

Like so:

Copy multiple instances of filename.txt from C:/ to C:/folder/ and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Or

Create filename.txt in C:/folder/ and make multiple copies of it, and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Hopefully this will make sense ^^

Thanks in advance,
    Val

Valenciente, Jan 28, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

1. Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file - Similar Threads - Cannot delete copy

2. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  3. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  4. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  5. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  6. Pdf file cannot be deleted

Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  8. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  9. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. remove cut, copy, rename

in Windows 10 Support
    remove cut, copy, rename: Hola, como puedo ELIMINAR Cortar, Copiar, nombre change, contextual menú. Pongo Una Captura desde mi pc Gracias.*Sad [img] 66510