Windows 10: Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

Discus and support Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. Tried with Safe Mode and Admin DOS prompt. Command DIR listed the file but command DEL or DEL /F /Q /A returns: "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarinerAG, Jun 23, 2022.

1. MarinerAG Win User

Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. Tried with Safe Mode and Admin DOS prompt. Command DIR listed the file but command DEL or DEL /F /Q /A returns: "The system cannot find the path specified."

:)

MarinerAG, Jun 23, 2022

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

1. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. - Similar Threads - Cannot delete corrupted

2. I cannot delete a .PDF file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete a .PDF file.: I cannot delete a .PDF file on my desctop screen or in the folder. It does not react to any commands all I can do is move it around on the screen. Reboot did not solve the problem. I believe windows cannot find the path to the file....
  3. I cannot delete a .PDF file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete a .PDF file.: I cannot delete a .PDF file on my desctop screen or in the folder. It does not react to any commands all I can do is move it around on the screen. Reboot did not solve the problem. I believe windows cannot find the path to the file....
  4. I cannot delete a .PDF file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  6. Pdf file cannot be deleted

Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  8. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  9. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.: Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. Tried with Safe Mode and Admin DOS prompt. Command DIR listed the file but command DEL or DEL /F /Q /A returns: "The system cannot find the path specified."...
  10. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.: Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. Tried with Safe Mode and Admin DOS prompt. Command DIR listed the file but command DEL or DEL /F /Q /A returns: "The system cannot find the path specified."...