Windows 10: Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM"

Discus and support Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally updated the drivers for a MIDI keyboard, and it doesn't work anymore. It shows up as an unknown usb device. After a quick search, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kalargatron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM"

I accidentally updated the drivers for a MIDI keyboard, and it doesn't work anymore. It shows up as an unknown usb device. After a quick search, I found this driver under Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. I tried deleting it, but an error message saying "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder" appeared. I tried giving myself the authorisation in the security section of the file's properties, but I couldn't modify anything.
    I haven't found any other thread on internet regarding this topic, so I hope someone can help me.
    I am the administrator for this computer, and am running windows 10 64bit.

:)

Kalargatron, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Polterry Win User

Denied Access to delete files

Thanks for suggestions. I tried AVG Remover but it found nothing; probably because I had already deleted the bulk of the files. I also tried Command and Safe Mode but both gave Denied message. So the question remains how do I get access to delete files? Would changing to MS login at Start help?

Polterry, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    [Question] Delete files with denied access with batch scripts

'Access denied' may be because the file is open. Another cause of 'access denied' can be ownership and/or permissions. If it is permissions, try running the script as administrator.

By the way, you don't put a space between the '/' and the option letter, and the /A option on its own like that does nothing. It is for selecting files by attribute and should be followed by a colon and list of attributes, eg. /A:RSH

The SYSTAG.BIN file is usually created by Aomei Backupper and that may have the file open.

what is systag.bin? — AOMEI Forum

4. EsMj Win User

Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM"

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM"

1. Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM" - Similar Threads - Cannot delete driver

2. Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot delete driver, access denied by "SYSTEM": I accidentally updated the drivers for a MIDI keyboard, and it doesn't work anymore. It shows up as an unknown usb device. After a quick search, I found this driver under Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. I tried deleting it, but an error message saying "You...
  3. Zombie file cannot be deleted (access denied & file not found)

in Windows 10 Support
    Zombie file cannot be deleted (access denied & file not found): I am trying to delete a file and when I list the contents of the folder it ‘lives in, the file is visible but: When I try to erase the file or change its attributes, I get an “Access Denied” message. When I try to take ownership, I get a “File not found” message. When I try...
  4. Access denied to system disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied to system disk: Hello! I have a trouble. I've denied access to system disk for all users and even administrator in properties. And now i can't see owner, i can't allow access back. I've tried all things, and troubleshooting(Safe mode with Command Prompt). Even if I administrator can't...
  5. Installing mouse drivers access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing mouse drivers access denied: I have a razer mamba te, and Synapse isn't detecting it because of a driver issue. However, when I try to update the drivers, i get an "Access is denied" error. I have windows 10 home 1809. I have tried running device manager as SYSTEM and it still wont install, and I have...
  6. Deleting files/folders access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting files/folders access denied: Ok I have a flash drive connected to my network directly inserted into my router. After much research and toying with the settings I finally got it to show up in Windows File Explorer and it appears under "THIS PC" as one of my drives on the "NETWORK" and when I view...
  7. Access Denied: System Volume Information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied: System Volume Information: I am the administrator with UAC disabled (via registry) What's the deal here? You can unhide system files but cannot edit them? Very useful, I hope I am missing something... [img] 87693
  8. System error 5 Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...
  9. Denied Access to delete files

in Windows 10 Support
    Denied Access to delete files: I am experiencing the infamous Blue Screen irregularly and I suspect from reading posts it is linked to AVG Internet Security product. I bought this but later canceled it and thought I had uninstalled it. However later I found that the uninstallation left a lot, if not all,...
  10. Access denied, contact system admin

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied, contact system admin: I just have a (I hope) simple question. I upgraded to Windows 10, and now any time I create a new doc, new excel sheet, try to scan something in to folders I have spent moths setting up and organizing - all tell me "access denied", contact system Admin? WTF... I am the...