Windows 10: Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

Discus and support Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lloyd Slow, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance.

:)

Lloyd Slow, Apr 12, 2024
  2. FX-GMC Win User

2 of my internal hard drives, not been reconized!!

In that case do what Blue-Knight suggested and delete the partitions from the Windows install disk. Leave just the two drives you want to format plugged in and boot to the Windows install disk. When you get to the disk manager delete the partitions so the drives only show unpartitioned space.

Once you do that turn off the computer and boot into Windows. Now you can partition and format the blank drives through disk manager or using diskpart.

FX-GMC, Apr 12, 2024
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Apr 12, 2024
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

1. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management - Similar Threads - Cannot delete duplicate

2. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  3. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pen drive no media showing in disk management: Sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 3996 Pendrive Showing No Media in disk management & no open in this pc,i am send screenshotplease help me....
  4. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pen drive no media showing in disk management: Sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 3996 Pendrive Showing No Media in disk management & no open in this pc,i am send screenshotplease help me....
  5. pen drive no media showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  7. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing two same drives in disk management: I was trying to download manjaro linux in my windows 10 having bios/mbr , since it supports 4 drives only I tried to merge the unlocatted drive but after I did so, while entering to disk management it's showing two same E drives with same capacity, used and free space....
  8. Showing two same drives in disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer: While expanding my C drive it may delete Ubuntu U drive on my computer,but the space is not unallocated by that drive. Now i want to completely delete that volume (U) but it is not showing in disk management. Also it is shown in my computer but it is not opening and also not...
  10. Duplicate Drive show

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate Drive show: Why does drive F & G show up twice in navigation pane? They are external HDs. [img] 38720