Windows 10: Cannot delete file no extension name

Discus and support Cannot delete file no extension name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Léon Melo, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Cannot delete file no extension name

Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me delete it. I have tried moving it to a new file and it will also not let me, giving the same error. It is weird because when I look in 'details' the file has no extension whatsoever. I have tried, without successCannot delete file no extension name :Deleting it in safe mode;Deleting it through CMD force delete commands;Deleting through Windows Fix It;Deleting it

:)

Léon Melo, Dec 14, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 14, 2022
  3. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 14, 2022
  4. MohanC Win User

Cannot delete file no extension name

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 14, 2022
Thema:

Cannot delete file no extension name

1. Cannot delete file no extension name - Similar Threads - Cannot delete file

2. Cannot delete file with long name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete file with long name: So I accidentally dragged something from a browser to my desktop which created the following file name:"data...
  3. Cannot delete file with long name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete file with long name: So I accidentally dragged something from a browser to my desktop which created the following file name:"data...
  4. Cannot delete file with long name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete file with long name

Cannot delete file with long name: So I accidentally dragged something from a browser to my desktop which created the following file name:data...
  6. Cannot delete file with long name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete file with long name: So I accidentally dragged something from a browser to my desktop which created the following file name:data...
  7. Cannot delete file with long name

8. Cannot delete file no extension name

Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  9. Cannot delete file no extension name

Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  10. Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] is there a registry key to get rid of it now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-files-extension-disabling-the-if-you/dc219745-91fb-4c6b-9821-76fa22cf20c9