Windows 10: Cannot delete files/ move it to recycle bin on Windows 10, can only permanently delete it.

Discus and support Cannot delete files/ move it to recycle bin on Windows 10, can only permanently delete it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to delete files and folders in Windows 10, but I can only permanently delete it. And not move it to recycle bin. It says that I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by II KSK II, Apr 26, 2021.

1. II KSK II Win User

Cannot delete files/ move it to recycle bin on Windows 10, can only permanently delete it.

I am trying to delete files and folders in Windows 10, but I can only permanently delete it. And not move it to recycle bin. It says that I need administrator's permission to delete the file/folder. But I am the administrator ;. Here is the screen shotThe issue is not just with .git folder but also other files and folders.I even tried everything said in this post. But nothing seem to work.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/need-permission-to-delete-folder-after-windows-10/bc9c59ce-d9c1-4ebf-9662-e0c8d4fb0007

:)

II KSK II, Apr 26, 2021

2. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Shawn Brink, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Cannot delete files/ move it to recycle bin on Windows 10, can only permanently delete it.

Recycle Bin ONLY permanently deletes files

When I delete a file, my only option is permanently deleting. I went into the Recycle Bin settings, and it is not set to permanently delete files.

StevenStone1111, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Cannot delete files/ move it to recycle bin on Windows 10, can only permanently delete it.

1. Cannot delete files/ move it to recycle bin on Windows 10, can only permanently delete it. - Similar Threads - Cannot delete files

2. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  3. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  4. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  5. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  6. Recycle Bin ONLY permanently deletes files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin ONLY permanently deletes files: When I delete a file, my only option is permanently deleting. I went into the Recycle Bin settings, and it is not set to permanently delete files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-only-permanently-deletes-files/44bbfd5a-7335-44e4-9bac-3cb9aac73aea
  7. Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents: I have a Bee-link PC running Windows 10, with a SSD Before donating it to someone I would like to permanently erase the Recycle Bin contents if that is possible. I understand that having an SSD it presents difficulties -- could anyone advise me of what software might be...
  8. Always move deleted files to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always move deleted files to recycle bin: Greetings All, When I want to delete a file, or multiple files at once, I don't want file explorer to permanently delete it, I want them to always go to the recycle bin. Is there a setting or any way to turn off the "permanently delete" feature?...
  9. Can't move files to recycle bin, can ONLY permanently delete.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move files to recycle bin, can ONLY permanently delete.: I am running Microsoft 2010 on a company-owned device. We have a shared drive and when I delete a file from the shared the drive e.g. right click "delete" OR drag files to Recycle Bin folder it deletes the file permanently. I would like the files to go to the Recycle Bin, but...
  10. Set Recycle Bin to Permanently Delete Files Immediately in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Recycle Bin to Permanently Delete Files Immediately in Windows 10: How to: Set Recycle Bin to Permanently Delete Files Immediately in Windows 10 How to Set Recycle Bin to Permanently Delete Files Immediately in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your...