Windows 10: Cannot delete files, permission/encryption issue

Discus and support Cannot delete files, permission/encryption issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed Phantasy Star Online 2 with Microsoft Store. The application has caused me permission issues for the second time involving this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickRab, Jun 28, 2020.

1. RickRab Win User

Cannot delete files, permission/encryption issue

I recently installed Phantasy Star Online 2 with Microsoft Store. The application has caused me permission issues for the second time involving this game.

The issue both times has begun with when the I execute the game file, nothing happens at all. I approached the executable file from all angles and nothing works. I go to the Microsoft store and it says "Play", also having no effect. I reset the store and nothing changes. I reset the computer and nothing changes.

The brass tax issue here for me is deleting the files to regain the space. The first time I solved this issue was with manipulating the permissions error caused by Microsoft Store's creation of the files with Trusted Installer. I went to the security tab of my WindowsApps and changed the permissions to "Patrick-PC\Patrick". I was then able to delete enough subfiles for the Store to recognize it as corrupted and offer me the Reinstall option Install is the ONLY option given at any other time.

This time the files have grown more resilient. They are learning. Permissions editing helped nothing. I own all o the files and subfiles, yet I still need permission from myself to affect these files. I have opened command prompt and typed "whoami" with the same result of "Patrick-PC\Patrick", the user I need permission from. I have tried to delete the files with Unlocker. I have tried to delete the files with and without confirmation via command prompt open with my user and "Open with Administrator". All files in every sense are denied access. Screenshots provided.

A recent search told me the files might be encrypted. They are. When I attempt to decrypt the folder and subfiles it tells me it cannot be done. I looked at the certificates for the decryption, both fields are blank. There are no permissions to decrypt the files and consequently no "Add..." button.

Whether any of these have to do anything with each other I am unsure. I just want to know if there is a solution short of formatting the whole thing.

WHY

:)

RickRab, Jun 28, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Recovery of permission for viewing encrypted files

hello guys

My name is prakhar. and i am facing an issue related to encryption of files and denied permission:

So lets start from beginning.i had encrypted few files in windows 10 and when i changed my system to windows 7 i formatted its C drive and now it says that i dont have permission to see those filesi tried everything
    but i think it means i have deleted its encryption certificate.Again i changed my software to windows 10 thinking that it might help but it didn't.

Please suggest me what to do now please tell me.

Prakharsrvstva, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Scoka Win User

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot delete files, permission/encryption issue - Similar Threads - Cannot delete files

2. cannot access encrypted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot access encrypted files: I got some files that I've encrypted by EFS on windows 11. After I got some issues, I have to reinstall windows 10 then I lost my access to the files that I've encrypted even I use the same Microsoft account on both system and it's on the same computer.I've tried may methods...
  3. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  5. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Delete File - Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete File - Permission Issue: Hi, I've read various forums, but I can't seem to delete file due to ownership permissions. I've right-clicked on the .exe, selected Properties, went to the Security tab, and clicked Advanced. However, the Permissions tab and Audit and Effective Access states that I don't...
  7. File encryption won't disable due to permission issues

File encryption won't disable due to permission issues: Okay, here's my situation: I have my 500gb 475gb in reality hard drive partitioned into an OS partition roughly 65gb and a storage partition that makes up the rest. I do this in case I have a situation like I'm about to explain. So let's say my windows install somehow...
  8. Encrypted file issues

Encrypted file issues: Hello, i recently upgraded my labtop computer from windows 7 to windows 10. i have followed all instruction while upgrading and i can no longer access my encrypted files and folders ( password protected) on my backup to copy them to the labtop! any help would be...
  9. Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue: [IMG]I recently tried deleting two folder duplicates and found out that I needed permission to delete these folders from TrustedInstaller. I searched up ways to do so, but i got stuck when I encountered the window that mentions ‘Object Name’ and such. I was confused on what...
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463