Windows 10: Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install

Discus and support Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi guys, Just recently installed a TON of updates on a new laptop i just got, it runs perfectly but there's a bunch of files that apparently cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, May 4, 2021.

1. gabgab Win User

Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install

hi guys, Just recently installed a TON of updates on a new laptop i just got, it runs perfectly but there's a bunch of files that apparently cannot be cleaned. some language resource files and windows update cleanup then some leftovers from recent installs, as per below: does anybody know how go give him a gentle nudge and doing that manually by a nice and brutal MANUAL DELETE? or if there's a command for having win10 refresh, it could be that they're deleted perhaps...basically after doing disk clean-up and click clean then they pop up again. already tried a ccleaner on everything and that, plus restart.. they're still there.. so 1GB wasted basically. ;-) thanks, Gabrio

:)

gabgab, May 4, 2021
  2. gabgab Win User

hi guys,

Just recently installed a TON of updates on a new laptop i just got, it runs perfectly but there's a bunch of files that apparently cannot be cleaned. some language resource files and windows update cleanup then some leftovers from recent installs, as per below:

Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install [​IMG]

Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install [​IMG]

does anybody know how go give him a gentle nudge and doing that manually by a nice and brutal MANUAL DELETE? or if there's a command for having win10 refresh, it could be that they're deleted perhaps...basically after doing disk clean-up and click clean then they pop up again. already tried a ccleaner on everything and that, plus restart.. they're still there.. so 1GB wasted basically.

;-)

thanks,
    Gabrio

gabgab, May 4, 2021
  3. Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install

Hi gabgab,
    Just tick all empty boxes in Disk Cleanup and press OK. If you want that deeper, click on Cleanup system files. Brink has a nice tut here:
    Open and Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10
    you can also use the extended cleanup but make sure you give some time for complete execution. It is normal to have still leftovers after using Disk cleanup.
    HTH

Ivan Petrov, May 4, 2021
  4. Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install

Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (DCannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot delete files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install - Similar Threads - Cannot delete files

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  4. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  5. DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.: So, i have searching anywhere and find no solutions for the problem. My problem maybe same with this thread but there's no follow-up...
  6. DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.: So, i have searching anywhere and find no solutions for the problem. My problem maybe same with this thread but there's no follow-up...
  7. DISK CLEAN, FORMAT OR DELETE DOES NOT WORK WHEN INSTALLING WIN10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Cannot delete Language Resource Files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install

Cannot delete Language Resource Files via Disk clean-up from fresh win10 install: hi,so i have reported this problem on tenforums and there have been some interesting replies there, although i haven't solved the problem.... bit of recap here.New fresh install, win10 home, runs very neat on i7 16 GB ram Asus ultrabook. Runs perfect.After some round of...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install. Can't delete/clean disk or partitions.

Windows 10 fresh install. Can't delete/clean disk or partitions.: Hi Everyone, As my title says I cannot complete a fresh Windows 10 install from USB using Windows media creation tool. I purchased an NZXT BLD a few months ago and recently received a blue screen crash and of course I didn't write down the error code, because I didn't think...
  10. Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device: After seriously long waits I eventually see my fresh hard drive. I go ahead and attempt to install and find "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK" I opened every folder on the USB drive and...