Windows 10: Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

Discus and support Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got a new system and my old C drive became D.In the D drive, I cannot delete the old programs/windows etc folders i get the error mesage:I am the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Susan Flamingo, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

I got a new system and my old C drive became D.In the D drive, I cannot delete the old programs/windows etc folders i get the error mesage:I am the admin!I have done everythign possible including everything that is itierated here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-files-but-need-permission-and-cant/d87528f9-9589-4786-8bc5-4d6db0b30637?page=2and NOTHING wroks. I really need to frre up drive D;There bust be a way to do this

:)

Susan Flamingo, Feb 21, 2024
  2. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Feb 21, 2024
  3. cereberus Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

1. Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third... - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folder

2. Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...: I got a new system and my old C drive became D.In the D drive, I cannot delete the old programs/windows etc folders i get the error mesage:I am the admin!I have done everythign possible including everything that is itierated...
  3. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  4. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  5. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

6. Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive: I'm trying to remove old Windows folders on my secondary drive to clear up space, but it keeps giving me an error saying something like permission from Trustedinstaller. So I tried to transfer ownership to myself, and instead, it's saying I need permission from myself to do...
  7. Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive: I'm trying to remove old Windows folders on my secondary drive to clear up space, but it keeps giving me an error saying something like permission from Trustedinstaller. So I tried to transfer ownership to myself, and instead, it's saying I need permission from myself to do...
  8. Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive

9. Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive: Hello, I'm trying to delete a secondary windows folder I have on a secondary drive. (obviously it's not the one i'm booting from) The problem is that I can't. I'm the owner of the folder and all sub-folders and files, and when I'm deleting it it will say "you need permission...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...