Windows 10: Cannot delete folder - windows 10

Discus and support Cannot delete folder - windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi friends, I have this stubborn folder on my desktop that is refusing to be deleted. I have used a number of erasing applications to try removing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr. Trust A., Nov 22, 2020.

1. Cannot delete folder - windows 10

Hi friends,

I have this stubborn folder on my desktop that is refusing to be deleted. I have used a number of erasing applications to try removing it permanently. But to no avail

Any advice?

:)

Mr. Trust A., Nov 22, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete folder - windows 10 :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete folder - windows 10 :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Cannot delete folder - windows 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cannot delete folder - windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete folder - windows 10

1. Cannot delete folder - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folder

2. Cannot delete a folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a folder Windows 10: I'm trying to delete a folder but I can't delete it, when I right click and go to the security tab only this message appears - "the requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed"I can't rename it as well, when I do that it says the file doesn't...
  3. Cannot delete a folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete a folder Windows 10: I'm trying to delete a folder but I can't delete it, when I right click and go to the security tab only this message appears - "the requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed"I can't rename it as well, when I do that it says the file doesn't...
  4. Cannot delete a folder Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  6. Windows 10 folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder cannot be deleted: [img] Here is a folder I have found on my Win 10 PC. I have tried to delete/uninstall but it will not go away. How can It be removed? Windows 10 PRO v10.0.19041 165789
  7. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  8. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  9. Windows 10: cannot delete folder

Windows 10: cannot delete folder: Pressing "delete" on keyboard nor context-menu "Delete" does something: no error MessageBox, nothing happens. Note: restarting the system is not the solution I afford right now....
  10. Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted: Hi guys i have Windows.old folder in my c drive every time i try to delete it says ''The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open another program Close the folder or file and try again." Here are the steps are tried to deleting 1. Try using...