Windows 10: Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

Discus and support Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My OS is Windows 10. I have folders in Desktop>My Documents that I added while signed on as <myself> that I cannot delete. When I try to delete a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdWalser, May 7, 2020.

1. EdWalser Win User

Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

My OS is Windows 10.

I have folders in Desktop>My Documents that I added while signed on as <myself> that I cannot delete.

When I try to delete a folder, Windows prompts me for an <admin> password.

I enter the <admin> password, Windows then tells me I need permission from <myself> to delete the folder.

When I look at the folder's permissions under Properties>Security, it shows that <myself> and <admin> have full permissions.

I think I should be able to delete this folder as either <myself>, and most certainly as <admin>.

What gives? How do I correct this issue?

Thanks for any pointers!

:)

EdWalser, May 7, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 7, 2020
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, May 7, 2020
  4. Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

1. Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folders

2. Windows asking me to get permissions from myself Admin account to delete a folder on my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows asking me to get permissions from myself Admin account to delete a folder on my...: Windows is not allowing me to delete this folder on my desktop, this was copied from minecraft UWP folder, but now it only allowed me to delete most of the files but left some random json files. [ATTACH] I tried changing ownership of the folder from system to myself...
  3. Cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  4. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  5. make myself admin again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    make myself admin again: I am the only user on this Windows 10 desktop computer. To solve a booting up problem I changed myself from admin to standard user and no longer need to boot up as administrer and can see my normal files. However, now It seems impossible to do some things and I am unable to...
  6. Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC

Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC: I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a fairly new Dell PC. I was working on some photos and videos, and a few days ago I began to have some trouble with deleting any of them. I now cannot delete any folders containing photos. I just checked, and I also cannot delete any...
  7. Word documents that cannot be deleted

Word documents that cannot be deleted: I have some word documents that I am trying to delete, but am unable to because it says they are open in WINWORD.EXE. WINWORD is not open. How do I get these docs deleted. I have already deleted the temp files that it would allow me to delete. There are 2 temp files that it...
  8. Cannot delete an empty folder (No read permission even for admin)

Cannot delete an empty folder (No read permission even for admin): I was cleaning up some files and ran into several empty folders that I can't remove. Says "Folder access denied" When I go into the folder's properties to change permissions, it tells me "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click advance to...
  9. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder: Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage. The folder icons are still present, however...
  10. Require permission from myself to delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Require permission from myself to delete folder: When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass (myself) to make changes to this folder. This has happened for multiple folders in my steam folder. I've tried giving myself...