Windows 10: Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

Discus and support Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My OS is Windows 10. I have folders in Desktop>My Documents that I added while signed on as <myself> that I cannot delete. When I try to delete a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdWalser, May 7, 2020.

1. EdWalser Win User

Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

My OS is Windows 10.

I have folders in Desktop>My Documents that I added while signed on as <myself> that I cannot delete.

When I try to delete a folder, Windows prompts me for an <admin> password.

I enter the <admin> password, Windows then tells me I need permission from <myself> to delete the folder.

When I look at the folder's permissions under Properties>Security, it shows that <myself> and <admin> have full permissions.

I think I should be able to delete this folder as either <myself>, and most certainly as <admin>.

What gives? How do I correct this issue?

Thanks for any pointers!

:)

EdWalser, May 7, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 7, 2020
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, May 7, 2020
  4. Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin

1. Cannot delete folders in My Documents as myself or admin - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folders

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  5. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  6. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  7. Documents deleted from Documents folder

Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  8. cannot delete folder on external HD, even as admin

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete folder on external HD, even as admin: I am trying to delete this empty folder: [img] It said I needed admin privilege, so I clicked continue, then I got this error. Then, I ran Windows Explorer in admin mode and tried to delete it again and got this: [img] How do I delete this folder? 160501
  9. Windows asking me to get permissions from myself Admin account to delete a folder on my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows asking me to get permissions from myself Admin account to delete a folder on my...: Windows is not allowing me to delete this folder on my desktop, this was copied from minecraft UWP folder, but now it only allowed me to delete most of the files but left some random json files. [ATTACH] I tried changing ownership of the folder from system to myself...
  10. Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC

Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC: I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a fairly new Dell PC. I was working on some photos and videos, and a few days ago I began to have some trouble with deleting any of them. I now cannot delete any folders containing photos. I just checked, and I also cannot delete any...