Windows 10: Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

Discus and support Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akasiek, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Akasiek Win User

Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other drive. I had games from Xbox App on my both drives and I deleted them before upgrade. So now I left out with folder on my other drive containing two games and I can't delete them in any way. It's frustrating because if I don't delete this folder I can't install games from Xbox on this drive.When I try to delete this folders I'm getting "Error 0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified" or "Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error" depending

:)

Akasiek, Nov 13, 2021
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 13, 2021
  3. Jordandr Win User
    Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005.

I was able to rename the old folder to "Old WindowsApps" so that the computer could place a new default "WindowsApps" save folder in my D drive.

I've already:

1. Made sure my time zone is correct
    2. Tried to delete in Safe Mode
    3. Made sure I am admin in general (2nd screenshot)
    4. Set myself as admin of folder and all subfolders (1st screenshot)
    5. Reset the Windows store page

I already have a new WindowsApps folder for Xbox games, how do I delete the old one?

Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps f7ae0e94-9967-4052-923d-0dff48a40e3b?upload=true.png

Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps ea87999f-839b-4e9b-aedb-57aeb42a9cfe?upload=true.png

Jordandr, Nov 13, 2021
  4. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

1. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folders

2. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  3. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  4. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete folders located inside old WindowsApps: Hi! I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11 and I have slight issue. While installing Windows 11, I formatted my main drive but I left out my other drive. I had games from Xbox App on my both drives and I deleted them before upgrade. So now I left out with folder on my other...
  6. I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.

I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.: Recently I have been trying to add mods to a game called No Mans Sky, but to do that you need to delete a specific txt file in side of the game data file. It doesn't let me delete no matter what I do, I have tried taking owner ship of the file but it does not allow me. The...
  7. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  8. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...
  9. Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive: I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005. I've already: Made sure my time zone is correct Tried to delete in Safe Mode...
  10. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...