Windows 10: Cannot delete Font files in Windows 11/10 [Fixed]

Discus and support Cannot delete Font files in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]On a Windows computer, we can install different fonts. Many websites offer free fonts you can install on your Windows computers for personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 19, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot delete Font files in Windows 11/10 [Fixed]

Cannot delete Font files in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] Cannot-delete-the-font-files.png
    On a Windows computer, we can install different fonts. Many websites offer free fonts you can install on your Windows computers for personal and commercial use. If you do not require a particular font, you can uninstall it from Windows Settings. Alternatively, you can delete that particular font file from its default location. But some […]

This article Cannot delete Font files in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 19, 2022

2. how to delete an in use font on windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Do you want to delete the current font?

Follow the steps given below.

• Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

• Click the font that you want to uninstall. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold down CTRL while you click each font.

• On the File menu, click Delete.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Sammy888 Win User
    Some web pages not displaying fonts correctly: at a loss here

Thanks for the link. I think the blogger there is a Sophist being so self assured any of his methods will resolve font issues.

I could not perform most of the tasks mentioned like:

• install the Arial font (no option to install, only copy and delete but you can't delete because it's a protected file)
    • delete the FNTCACHE.DAT (didn't do anything)
    • rebuild the Font cache and stop the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service (I don't have this service)
    • used the FontRegTool, it did nothing
    • Rebuilt the font cache by deleting the files in %windir%ServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppData. nothing changed
    I didn't like the registry tweak and I wasn't prepared to jeopardize my system based on the blogger's claims.

Sammy888, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Some web pages not displaying fonts correctly: at a loss here

For me this works:

Step 1: Run Command Prompt as administrator.

Step 2: Type C:\Windows\Fonts\Arial.ttf and press Enter.

Then I get the install option (no longer greyed out)

Callender, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot delete Font files in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] - Similar Threads - Cannot delete Font

2. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  3. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  4. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot delete iconcache files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete iconcache files windows 11: Hi, I'm Miklós! On my laptop, my icons started to become white paper icons, one by one. I searched for how could I fix this issue. They said delete iconcache. But it won't let me. It says: The action can't be completed, because the file is open is windows explorer....
  6. Cannot delete iconcache files windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete iconcache files windows 11: Hi, I'm Miklós! On my laptop, my icons started to become white paper icons, one by one. I searched for how could I fix this issue. They said delete iconcache. But it won't let me. It says: The action can't be completed, because the file is open is windows explorer....
  7. Cannot delete font file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete font file: I tried to delete a font file but it says it is used by the system1. It is not in the Windows' font file2. There is no application using the fileI tried to search but all of the suggestions only worked if the font is in the windows' font file, Anyone knows how to fix it?...
  8. Cannot delete files in Windows 10

Cannot delete files in Windows 10: I bought a new pc pre-loaded with windows 10. I transferred files from my old pc which ran windows 7. I find that I cannot delete files from my desktop or in explorer. I hit delete button or right click and hit delete, but nothing happens. No error, nothing. If I rename...
  9. Cannot Delete a File on Windows 10

Cannot Delete a File on Windows 10: I can't delete a file from an external drive: [ATTACH] This is what its properties look like: [ATTACH] There are 63 items in total like this. Command prompts don't work because certain characters appear weird, like this: [ATTACH] Any help would be great!...
  10. Cannot see fonts in Windows 10 Font Folder - need to delete

Cannot see fonts in Windows 10 Font Folder - need to delete: I need to delete some fonts and replace them with a slightly different version. These are .ttf fonts. The versions I want to delete are from Google and the ones I want to add are from a prototyping tool. 1. Selected the new fonts. Clicked and installed. Windows 10 says...