Windows 10: Cannot delete Free Avast AV

Discus and support Cannot delete Free Avast AV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pet, Mar 3, 2019.

1. PET
    pet Win User

Cannot delete Free Avast AV

Hi
    I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it.
    Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu.
    If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm logged on as local admin.

It doesn't show itself in apps and features either.

Please, how do i get rid of it?

Thanks

:)

2. swarfega Win User

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

You're going to get a long list of people's differing suggestions as to which AV is best. Do some research and watch various reviews on youtube like this https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePCSecurity.

swarfega, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Vito_1962 Win User
    Will Avast be compatible with Windows 10?

Hello JerzeeGrl,

i haven't reinstalled Avast yet. For the moment I'm using Windows Defender. According to av-comparatives Avast should work with win10.

Have you tried doing a fresh install of Avast ? Removing the old one and reinstalling the latest version that you can find on avast.com ?

I was using the free version of Avast. Please Let me know if my suggestion works.

Vito_1962, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

DELETE AVAST !!!

Hi,

Please flows the steps to uninstalled Avast

Download avastclear.exe (
    https://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe
    )on your desktop

Start Windows in Safe Mode

Open (execute) the uninstall utility

If you installed Avast in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)

Click REMOVE

Restart your computer

Source: https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete Free Avast AV

1. Cannot delete Free Avast AV - Similar Threads - Cannot delete Free

2. Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast Free Antivirus Registry Delete Problem: Hi, I just uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. After uninstall, I found a key written 'Avast Software' in the Registry Editor. I had tried a few times to remove the key but it failed. So, can someone help to figure out a way to remove the key? Thanks....
  3. Free AV Reviews

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free AV Reviews: Below is a lengthy, but informative article from ZDNet which reviews free AV software. May be of interest to those who prefer. WD fully meets my needs and I don't keep up with other AV's. But I have never heard of Sophos or Kaspersky Security Cloud. Best free PC antivirus...
  4. BSOD during a Avast AV full scan.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD during a Avast AV full scan.: I got a “system thread exception not handled” BSOD while a full system scan by Avast AV (free) was going on. There was also this grrr sound coming from the laptop. What should I do? It didnt happen again.I didnt run a full scan again. What should I do? submitted by...
  5. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  6. Windows Defender or Avast Free

Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  7. Less intrusive "Free" AV

Less intrusive "Free" AV: Hello. I may be looking for an alternative AV to WD in the near future. Which free one do you think is av with less bloatware and less intrusive to the system? I know some of them include some not-so-good toolbars and some of them may even spy on you or, at least,...
  8. Avast and SyncBack Free

Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...
  9. What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?: I have a tight budget right now but need a dependable AV for my computer with Win 10. I've heard good things about Avast but dislike the popups and I also like Bitdefender but need advice on this issue. Thanks in advance! 105163
  10. Bitdefender Free AV

Bitdefender Free AV: I like to try out things I have not used before so today I have installed Bitdefender AV and I like what I see up to now, I may be tempted to buy it *Smile [img] [img] 77320