Windows 10: Cannot Delete IMAP Folder

Discus and support Cannot Delete IMAP Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried repeatedly to delete an IMAP folder and failed - the folder keeps reappearing. I,ve also tried to unsubscribe to the folder - outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bore07tm, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Bore07tm Win User

Cannot Delete IMAP Folder

I've tried repeatedly to delete an IMAP folder and failed - the folder keeps reappearing.

I,ve also tried to unsubscribe to the folder - outlook comes back with the an error message "Folder does not exist" (see attached screenshot)

How do I permanently delete the folder? Cannot Delete IMAP Folder 9d3c244c-7399-4f31-b18d-930dbb3d1553?upload=true.png

:)

Bore07tm, Nov 28, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot Delete IMAP Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot Delete IMAP Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 28, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Delete IMAP Folder - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete IMAP

2. Cannot connect outlook to IMAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect outlook to IMAP: Hello,I am running our of options. I cannot add a new email account to Outlook IMAPI asked the hosting company. We have run multiple tests together. They do not know what the issue is.I tried everything disabling add-ins, changing passwords, disabling firewalls etc..Do you...
  3. IMAP folder sync issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    IMAP folder sync issue: I've been suffering with what I now believe are IMAP folder sync issues for years When I have to re-add my email accounts (rebuild, migration etc.) it manifests by missing folders/emails I've established that if I move a folder then it's not likely to sync It appears correct...
  4. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  5. Custom "sent" and "deleted" IMAP folders for Windows 10 mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom "sent" and "deleted" IMAP folders for Windows 10 mail?: When I add an existing IMAP account, it automatically uses "Sent Items" and "Deleted Items" folders, alongside my existing folders. Is it possible somehow to change these to use my existing "special" folders? Thanks....
  6. Cannot delete folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete folders: I have a bunch of folders which either are empty or I want to delete it. But when I try to delete it, it says the folder’s in use (even though it’s not) or it just doesn’t pop any of windows or confirmation window out. So what exactly is happening? submitted by /u/kolbyng...
  7. Cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  8. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  9. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I have seen a few posts about how to delete a file or folder when 'Item Not Found' and 'Could not find this item' dialogue appears, but the thread is locked. I have tried to follow the answer given, re command prompt, but could not make it work. I am not a skilled user in...
  10. Cannot Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Delete a Folder: When I try to delete the remaining folder after uninstalling a software in Program Files I get a message: "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder", although I'm the administrator. Please help me to fix this problem. 43032