Windows 10: cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder

Discus and support cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TejanShrestha, Sep 30, 2021.

1. cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder

cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder

:)

TejanShrestha, Sep 30, 2021
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Sep 30, 2021
  3. How to set system TEMP and TMP to a different drive in Windows 10.

Hi Kens,

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To change the location of the System Temp folder, follow the steps given below.

• Right click on Computer and click on Properties. In the resulting window with the basic

information about your computer

• Click on Advanced system settings on the left panel resulting in a dialog box click on the advanced tab.

• Click on the button near the bottom labeled Environment Variables.

• You may see both TMP and TEMP listed in the section labeled User variables for (account). That's the common location; each different login account is assigned its own temporary location.

• In the Variable value Edit box you may specify the path to the directory that Windows and many other programs will use for temporary files.

Be sure and repeat that process for both TMP and TEMP.

You'll need to restart any running programs for the new value to take effect. In fact, you'll need to restart Windows for it to begin using the new value for its own temporary files.

To change the location of the Internet Temp folder, follow the steps given below.

Note: That Internet Explorer moves cookies to the new folder and the old folder is removed. Additionally, the following message is displayed when you attempt to move the Temporary Internet Files folder:

Warning: Moving the location of your Temporary Internet Files folder will delete all your subscription data.

• Create a new folder to store the files. For example, if you want to store the files in a folder named Ietemp on drive D, create the following folder:
    D:\Ietemp

For information about how to create a folder, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type
    new folder, and then double-click the "New Folders" topic.

• Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, click Settings.
    • Click Move Folder.
    • Click the folder you created in Step 1.
    • Click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.
    • Restart your computer

You can change the location of Internet explorer temp folder; there is no security threat to your computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 30, 2021
  4. cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder

1. cannot delete Installer41427856.tmp form temp folder - Similar Threads - cannot delete Installer41427856

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  4. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  5. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted: [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents...
  6. Big .tmp files in %temp%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Big .tmp files in %temp%: Hi, recently I noticed that i need more space on my C: drive and I found a lot of big .tmp files in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp folder [from 500MB to 800MB]. The problem is that the Windows is showing 16GB of Temp files, but disk cleanup can delete only 25MB, Any...
  7. Tmp files/folders in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Support
    Tmp files/folders in C:\Windows\Temp: I was recently looking in C:\Windows\Temp and found many (hundreds) of folders in this directory. These folders each contains a file called "tmp00000000", these files are zero length. The folders in Windows\Temp are all in the form "tmp00000xxx" or "tmp0000xxxx", where...
  8. What uses Tmp and temp?

in Windows 10 Support
    What uses Tmp and temp?: The Windows OS uses those folders. In the old days, you could safely delete anything in those folders as it didn't matter. Now days, I'm pretty sure Windows 10 will monitor delete and update as necessary. 148332
  9. Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp: Hello Should I be deleting .tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp? If so, when I try, I get a message saying I need administrator permission. As a user, I am an administrator. Even if I log on as "Administrator," I get the same message saying I need administrator approval. I...
  10. Cannot delete tmp folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete tmp folders: Hi, small annoying problem, when I go to 'My PC' somehow I have a lot of temporary folders on my C: drive, and cannot get rid of them. Says that 'You require permission from the administrator to make these changes. I have tried using the command prompt with:net user...