Windows 10: Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory."

Discus and support Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I uninstalled and refunded a Steam game I bought and disliked. The internet shortcut that Steam automatically made on my desktop is still there as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoodgeCENAAAAAAA, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory."

So I uninstalled and refunded a Steam game I bought and disliked. The internet shortcut that Steam automatically made on my desktop is still there as with this earth icon and still has the game's name on it. When I attempt to delete it, the error message in the title of this forum appears and I cannot delete the shortcut, and even when I try to delete it via command prompt running as administrator, it still won't allow me to as it cannot find it I browsed to the right directory too. It won't let me move it to recycle bin either. When I try to run it, says "The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid."

Help!

:)

NoodgeCENAAAAAAA, Sep 26, 2020

2. "Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory." :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 26, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory."

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory." [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory."

1. Cannot delete Internet Shortcut - "This is no longer located in directory." - Similar Threads - Cannot delete Internet

2. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Internet Shortcut file: Basically i dragged an image from google into desktop but instead of the image this file was created and now i can't delete it or do anything with it, it's just stuck here in the desktop. i tried a force delete from cmd but apparently such file does not exist, How do i get...
  3. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Internet Shortcut file: Basically i dragged an image from google into desktop but instead of the image this file was created and now i can't delete it or do anything with it, it's just stuck here in the desktop. i tried a force delete from cmd but apparently such file does not exist, How do i get...
  4. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleting an internet shortcut file

Deleting an internet shortcut file: I have tried deleting an internet shortcut from my documents folder multiple times, but it keeps coming back. There is no error message, and to delete i tried selecting it and using the delete button in the header, and right-clicking to select delete from the drop down menu....
  6. Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\

Cannot delete a file - No longer located in F:\: Hi all, Around five years ago, I downloaded this movie called 'Two Night Stand' and along with it were some subtitle files or something else, I don't even remember anymore. Anyway, I still haven't been able to delete the file because a popup comes up 'This is no longer...
  7. Internet shortcut icon won't delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet shortcut icon won't delete: I have two internet shortcut icons that somehow got corrupted and I can't delete them from my desktop. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-shortcut-icon-wont-delete/88f6ee11-7b21-4545-8c6c-c757a3701fe9
  8. Cannot delete directory

Cannot delete directory: Access is denied to folder and cannot be removed. How can I change the properties and remove the folder? Compare with linux "sudo rm" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-directory/50604bd6-75b8-441d-945b-7bc957eed458"
  9. Internet Shortcuts no longer working

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Shortcuts no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...
  10. Internet Shortcuts on Desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Shortcuts on Desktop no longer working: I have a problem with Internet short-cuts on my Desktop. This has only occurred since the April 2018 update. Internet short-cuts which previously worked ok now appear to open a text file. Which looks like this: [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,2...