Windows 10: Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya....I mounted my windows 10 ISO file with Magic Disk to upgrade only to find out that Windows 10 does not support Magic Disk. I uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deblk, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Deblk Win User

Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10

Hiya....I mounted my windows 10 ISO file with Magic Disk to upgrade only to find out that Windows 10 does not support Magic Disk. I uninstalled the drive it was using in device manager but still does not allow me to delete it. Everytime I reboot the ISO shows as mounted again. How can I stop this and delete the file please?

:)

Deblk, Jul 26, 2016

2. adding drivers to windows 10 iso file

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that you cannot install Windows 10 ISO with injecting drivers into the ISO file as the Windows 10 ISO comes with basic drivers for installation and you have to install the drivers after the installation is complete.

Install, upgrade, & activate

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/install-upgrade-activate

Hope this information helps you.

Sudheendra S, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Reiner24 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade through ISO file

Will upgrading from the Windows 10 ISO deletes my files and software?

Reiner24, Jul 26, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

If a virtual CD/DVD mounted with the ISO appears under "This PC" then right click on it->Eject

topgundcp, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    BTW, did you know that in Windows 10 you can mount ISO and IMG disk image files simply by double clicking them or right clicking them and selecting Mount? No additional software is needed.

6. Deblk Win User
    Thanks I tried that did not work

Deblk, Jul 26, 2016
  7. Deblk Win User
    Yes but I was upgrading from windows 7 so I needed 3rd party app

Deblk, Jul 26, 2016
  8. bighair Win User

you have to unmount the iso fil with the program you mounted it with aka Magic Disk.

bighair, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Deblk Win User
    I cannot as Magic Disk is not compatible with windows 10...wish I had known that at the time

Deblk, Jul 26, 2016
  10. bighair Win User
    bighair, Jul 26, 2016
  11. Deblk Win User
    I was able to uninstall magic disk in windows old.. I thought it had not worked but when I rebooted I was able to delete it
    I will NOT be neaten lol *Smile

Deblk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot delete ISO

2. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  3. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  4. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. not able to delete ISO file

in Windows 10 Support
    not able to delete ISO file: hey man can you help me? I have and iso archive file which I'm not able to delete, I'm neither able to eject the added drive. It's taking up space. I wanna get rid of it. Thank you I also tried file assassin but even it couldn't help out. 161786
  6. Deleted files after upgrade

Deleted files after upgrade: Just did an upgrade to version 1903 and all of my files were deleted. Did a rollback and they are still missing. How do I get them back??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-after-upgrade/c1b1f307-cb95-44bb-a227-d9fdd7521f44"
  7. About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file: I want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with an ISO file. My question is that will my any data be deleted after the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-upgrade-to-windows-10-with-an-iso-file/675827ac-077e-4b17-9585-5e7d70b6be43
  8. No net access after Win 10 ISO file upgrade

No net access after Win 10 ISO file upgrade: Hello, So I very finally managed to upgrade to Win 10 without any issues, yet in choosing to do updates later, I now find myself with the net driver not working (and a couple of other issues). So there was that yellow triangle over the net icon, and after troubleshooting...
  9. Files Deleted After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Deleted After Upgrade: Upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 took some minor getting used to having to find new ways to do things I took for granted like opening up settings. I finally got comfortable with the new OS and decided to watch some videos I had stored in folders I made a few weeks ago. I...
  10. Delete ISO files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete ISO files?: Hiya....can I do this once I have upgraded to Windows? TIA 55031

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot delete iso file