Windows 10: Cannot delete Microsoft-bloatware windowsapps

Discus and support Cannot delete Microsoft-bloatware windowsapps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a SSD, running Windows 10 latest updates and my disk space is limited. I have been trying to delete files from the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by doskey321, Mar 21, 2020.

1. doskey321 Win User

Cannot delete Microsoft-bloatware windowsapps

Hello,

I have a SSD, running Windows 10 latest updates and my disk space is limited. I have been trying to delete files from the program files\windowsapps for at least 3 hours but it simply does not work. There are about a dozen threads of users who had the same problem and most recommend to change the user rights, e.g. this one:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/ [this is not on official microsoft site... be warned... etc...]

However, I cannot reproduce any of their solutions. Using the explorer in administrator mode, I was still able to start executing the change, but it always fails on some container and tells me that the whole process has failed. So, apparently, Microsoft has changed something about this. This leaves my issue, sadly, unsolved.

On a side note: I know this is a public forum so I will abstain from any negative thoughts about the developers who blessed the community with their decision to grant every windows user 6 GB of unremovable bloatware. Please accept my sincere thanks if you should read this message, I have never been happier.

reference pic of the glorious bloatware:

Cannot delete Microsoft-bloatware windowsapps 30ec9e9d-f3c7-4fb0-b19e-eb5b1352b7fe?upload=true.png

edit: Solved it due to hints from another site.

Solution:

1 Open Powershell

2 SEARCH for the full package names of the bloatware with wildcards, e.g.: Get-AppxPackage -allusers king.com*

3 Use this full package name and DESTROY it using the remove command:

Remove-AppxPackage -package "king.com.CandyCrushFriends_1.32.4.0_x86__kgqvnymyfvs32"

4 Profit from a bloatware-free environment

:)

doskey321, Mar 21, 2020
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Sniggler Win User
    List of Microsoft Apps Which Can Be Removed As Bloatware?

Just setting up a new Dell PC with Win10 1909. As I have been doing for past 15 years, immediately got rid the Dell bloatware, but I am stuck on what to kill off regarding Microsoft's bloatware. Cant seem to find any comprehensive list of apps OK to delete... anyone know of such a list? Thanks!

Sniggler, Mar 21, 2020
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot delete Microsoft-bloatware windowsapps - Similar Threads - Cannot delete Microsoft

2. How TO Delete HP Bloatware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How TO Delete HP Bloatware: I Got A HP Prebuilt and it has a ton of bloatware that i dont need how can i uninstall them and should i uninstall all of them. Here's a list of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-hp-bloatware/8023337c-72f5-4e98-a65e-4a047c8e252c
  3. How TO Delete HP Bloatware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How TO Delete HP Bloatware: I Got A HP Prebuilt and it has a ton of bloatware that i dont need how can i uninstall them and should i uninstall all of them. Here's a list of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-hp-bloatware/8023337c-72f5-4e98-a65e-4a047c8e252c
  4. Cannot delete/authorize myself to delete Gamepass games in WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete/authorize myself to delete Gamepass games in WindowsApps: To make a long story short: I had to wipe my C: drive and re-install Windows 10. Problem there is all my Xbox Gamepass games were set to install to my H: Drive. They're still there, but Gamepass does not recognize them. No problem, I can just delete and start over......
  5. Cannot find HPTouchpointAnalytics Bloatware on computer Want to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find HPTouchpointAnalytics Bloatware on computer Want to delete: HP Laptop running W10 V20H2 Every now and then, my Hitman scanning program recognizes secretly installed HP Bloatware that I did not authorize. When this stuff hits, I can have it deleted, however, the program that causes this stuff to be secretly installed is still present...
  6. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  7. how to delete WindowsApps

how to delete WindowsApps: how do i delete WindowsApps folder it has a few games installed but i cant uninstall it is there a way to delete WindowsApps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windowsapps/432d5fc4-e6be-40d2-ac27-e5a919637155
  8. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...
  9. Cannot delete WindowsApps Folder June 2020

Cannot delete WindowsApps Folder June 2020: Hi all, I have seen this question circulated everywhere and the issue still persists, some seem to have more luck than others. In brief, I am clearing out my PC of tons and tons of GBs of games, everything is fine except when I enter my SSD my OS is stored on an M.2 the...
  10. WindowsApps deleted

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps deleted: i delete windowsapps folder and now i can not open windows store and xbox beta app how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsapps-deleted/4f52921e-556e-4d3d-8b43-db2aa099a7d5