Windows 10: Cannot delete, move or copy files. Error message “could not find this item”

Discus and support Cannot delete, move or copy files. Error message “could not find this item” in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I hope some of you can help me with this issue I recently encountered on my windows 10 computer I Cannot delete, move or copy files from any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarsBye Møller, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Cannot delete, move or copy files. Error message “could not find this item”

I hope some of you can help me with this issue I recently encountered on my windows 10 computer

I Cannot delete, move or copy files from any folders or drives.

I get the error message “Could not find this item. This is no longer located in Path

The computer also won’t shut down or restart. Keeps the message “please wait”

I have tried unsuccessfully starting the computer up in safe mode by holding shift key while choosing restart.

The only idea I can come up with for this issue suddenly appearing is that I by accident marked all the files on my desktop and moved them to some random place on my computer cannot remember where, whereafter I dragged them back

Also I recently updated my graphics-card GeForce gtx 1060 6gb to driverversion 432.00. drivertype standard

Bear in mind that I am quite new to windows and my computer abilities is only a little above consumer level, so I might be missing something obvious.

Best regards from Lars

:)

LarsBye Møller, Nov 5, 2020

2. Dual error message not fixed

i only get one message. i enabled log to file, created folder for it, then to test the error message, i deleted the folder, to prompt the error message, of which i got one. Ver 1.20.0

Cannot delete, move or copy files.  Error message  “could not find this item” 1bdcFLs.jpg

jboydgolfer, Nov 5, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 5, 2020
  4. ddiehl Win User

Cannot delete, move or copy files. Error message “could not find this item”

Can't delete searched files

I have a folder that has 2 copies per item, all with the word 'copy' in the filename which I want to delete. Instead of deleting them one by one I entered 'copy' in the search bar which brings up all the duplicate files, yet I can't delete them even though it's an option in the dialog box - nothing happens. No error message - nothing..

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks..

ddiehl, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete, move or copy files. Error message “could not find this item”

1. Cannot delete, move or copy files. Error message “could not find this item” - Similar Threads - Cannot delete move

2. Could not find this item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not find this item: Hello,I've been having a problem for about a week, where I need to delete large quantities of pictures and documents from Windows 10. But every time I want to do this, I can the message: Item Not Found.Could not find this item. This is no longer located in path . Verify the...
  3. can't delete file windows 10 could not find this item

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file windows 10 could not find this item: I had a folder like this on my D Drive. I downloaded it and it had files inside that I could move out of it. I had to delete it by putting it in an archive and checked the option to delete the file afterward. Is there another way to do it? I 'm just curious. submitted by...
  4. “Could not find this item”

“Could not find this item”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sexysenju [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmwog9/could_not_find_this_item/
  5. Could not find this item while deleting a folder.

Could not find this item while deleting a folder.: I know you may have heard some similar questions but I have a genuine concern. For the past month, I have had a folder which I just can't delete. I tried refreshing file explorer, used command prompt it says system cannot find the path specified though I directly copied the...
  6. Windows 10 could not find this item while copying - then file is gone

Windows 10 could not find this item while copying - then file is gone: This problem occured with files stored on microserver. I tried to copy some files between folders in the same partition. In folder I had for exaample seven files nad while copying then the "could not find this item" prompt reffering to two of these files. After operation I...
  7. Windows Cannot find this item and can't delete or move it

Windows Cannot find this item and can't delete or move it: Dear Microsoft I am on windows 10 I tried to delete a file on my machine called upport enabled. I tried to follow this here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-file-could-not-find-this-file-please/354fa74a-1d11-4acc-9fba-4128ca971e6c...
  8. “Could not find this item” error when attempting to copy to mapped network drive?

“Could not find this item” error when attempting to copy to mapped network drive?: I have a Windows 10 media server and I have an NVidia Shield with an external drive connected. I’m trying to move content from my server to the drive connected to the Shield, but get the “Could not find this item” error. I have checked security, sharing and enabled. What more...
  9. Problems deleting a folder 'Could not find this item' error

Problems deleting a folder 'Could not find this item' error: Hi, first time asking a question on here but I've spent hours googling and I'm stumped. I have two folders in a drive I am trying to delete cleaning up folder/subfolders. I can't rename them, and I can't delete them. Every time I try, I get a 'Item not found, Could not...
  10. Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item": Hi, I cannot delete a folder that despite showing, keeps saying Item not found "Could not find this item" whenever I try to delete it. [img] I have also tried this method using command prompt (Admin): [img] Please help... 151280