Windows 10: Cannot delete NEF files

Discus and support Cannot delete NEF files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im running windows 10 pro, but i cannot delete NEF files from the recycle bin, all other files with delete ok. Anyone offer any help please. TIA 173084 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bikeit, Jan 26, 2021.

1. bikeit Win User

Cannot delete NEF files

Im running windows 10 pro, but i cannot delete NEF files from the recycle bin, all other files with delete ok. Anyone offer any help please. TIA

:)

bikeit, Jan 26, 2021
  2. danielvlv Win User

NEF files? Nokia N95

Hi

Does anyone know what "NEF" folder in File Manager is for?

If I delete "NEF" folder it appears again after rebooting...

I can't see any changes after deleting "NEF" folder...

So what is it for? Cannot delete NEF files :)

reg.

danielvlv, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Stockyjs Win User
    Viewing Raw picture files in recycle bin (Nef Files nikon camera)

I can view Nef files in Windows 10 explorer however if I delete a Nef file and then look in the restore bin the Nef files can not be viewed only a symbol.

Please advise.

Stockyjs, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Cannot delete NEF files

Windows 10 will not open my .NEF files

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with .NEF files. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to Windows Photo Gallery or Photos app.

Since NEF is a RAW format, the image usually have huge file size and it will take some time to get opened. I suggest you to try opening the image in Photo gallery and wait for some time and check if you are able to open the picture.

As a troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Cannot delete NEF files

1. Cannot delete NEF files - Similar Threads - Cannot delete NEF

2. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Now the NEF files for photos: Have taken photos at several weddings without a problem. Now the NEF files for photos Nikon naming on my win10 laptop are being destroyed when moving to a different folder. I will pay Microsoft for win11 that will not run on my laptop if they will quit destroying my photos....
  3. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Now the NEF files for photos: Have taken photos at several weddings without a problem. Now the NEF files for photos Nikon naming on my win10 laptop are being destroyed when moving to a different folder. I will pay Microsoft for win11 that will not run on my laptop if they will quit destroying my photos....
  4. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot delete files

Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  6. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  7. Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening NEF-files with Photoshop: I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 through Windows Store. I'm not able to associate NEF-files Nikon RAW files to the program. It do not show up on the list when I'm trying to select the program as default app to open the file type. Please help. Thanks Best regards...
  8. nikon nef files quandry

nikon nef files quandry: Hi All Have i got a problem or what?? i downloaded 429 nef filesnikon photos to a directory on my desktop a few weeks ago. I had a look at the directory a couple of days ago and i noticed the files were now a graphic of 2 mountains and a moon in the right corner and 2...
  9. Cannot delete File

Cannot delete File: Hi everyone I have been having some issues deleting a certain file from my computer. The image below shows the type of File as File, I have tried using command prompt, disk clean up, disk check for errors and plenty of other methods and yet it cannot be deleted. When I...
  10. Set file association for .NEF files

Set file association for .NEF files: I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate...