Windows 10: Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop

Discus and support Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded the 430.64 nVidia driver to my desktop. I am now trying to delete the installer file, but right-clicking on it crashes explorer.exe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, May 16, 2019.

1. Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop

I downloaded the 430.64 nVidia driver to my desktop. I am now trying to delete the installer file, but right-clicking on it crashes explorer.exe.

Trying to drag it to the recycle bin also does nothing. I tried rebooting and retrying, but had no luck...

What do I do?

:)

leftisthominid, May 16, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

every time I restart my computer I should install NVIDIA driver

Thank you for checking the other games, let us uninstall then re-install the NVIDIA driver by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand Display adapters, and right click your graphics card and select
      Properties.
    • Select Driver tab and click
      Uninstall Device.
    • Put a check on Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC and NVIDIA driver should install automatically.
    • Restart the computer again to check if it will ask you to install the driver.

If the issue still persist, we recommend contacting your computer manufacturer's support to check for possible issues with the graphics card.

Ryan Fra, May 16, 2019
  3. musek Win User
    ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, May 16, 2019
  4. thephpdev Win User

Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop

NVIDIA Driver Install Fails

I managed to install the driver only, which is OK for me.

Running the setup.exe in Safe-Mode didn't work.

So, I followed these steps:

1. Restart into safe mode
    2. Open device manager
    3. Find your GPU and right-click it, then select "Update Driver Software"
    4. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    5. Tick "Include Sub-Folders"
    6. Navigate to the directory where the NVIDIA download extracted the setup files to, and click OK.
    7. If it was successful, restart normally, and enjoy using a proper graphics driver.

thephpdev, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop

1. Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop - Similar Threads - Cannot delete nVidia

2. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  3. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  4. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd: Greetings everyone. My windows won't boot as of lately, thanks to dxgkrnl.sys As much as I have found put that could be caused by a corrupt Nvidia driver. Now I get a blue screen when I want to boot. Now the question is how can I install the driver from my usb stick onto my...
  6. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  7. nVidia driver not installing

nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  8. Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed

Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed: i cant install geforce experience it gives me an error i tried every troubleshoot method none worked and i cant install the driver manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver-and-geforce-experience-cannot-be/8ea89ed7-5f87-4162-b373-a371a91574eb
  9. Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop

Cannot delete nVidia driver installation from computer deskop: I downloaded the 430.64 nVidia driver to my desktop. I am now trying to delete the installer file, but right-clicking on it crashes explorer.exe. Trying to drag it to the recycle bin also does nothing. I tried rebooting and retrying, but had no luck... I was able to move it...
  10. Cannot install Nvidia DCH Drivers

Cannot install Nvidia DCH Drivers: I used DDU to uninstall the Standard drivers while in Safe Mode. But the DCH driver installer still shows that my system is not compatible. I did the same procedure for the Intel Graphics drivers and I was able to install the DCH drivers successfully. 123388