Windows 10: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

Discus and support Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanieKaung, May 24, 2023.

1. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6.

:)

JanieKaung, May 24, 2023

2. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, May 24, 2023
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive (HDD) of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data to OneDrive but I am unable to. I get a message that "Space required on your C:\ drive: 245 GB",
    which I don't have. I assume that Onedrive is trying to create a temp folder on the C;\drive to preform the backup. I have 471 GB of free space on the D:\ drive and Onedrive has 640 GB of available space. I have 72
    GB of free space on the C:\drive (SSD) and I am using the OneDrive backup function to copy/update my data. Is there a way to have Onedrive create the Temp folder on the D: \drive (HDD) of my laptop?

SteveMcConnery, May 24, 2023
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

Is it safe to delete the Temp folder in C:/Windows/Temp?

Yes, all *files* in the temp folder (not the folder itself) can, and should be, deleted periodically.

The temp folder provides workspace for programs. Programs can create temporary files there for their own temporary use. Each program should delete all its temporary files when it closes, but for various reasons it doesn't always happen (for example,
    if the program crashes, it never gets to do this). That's why it's a good idea to periodically clean out anything left there.

Also note that there are some program installations which work in two steps. The first step concludes by writing temporary files and rebooting. The second step starts automatically after rebooting and needs to find those files there (and then deletes
    them when it's done).

Other than doing it automatically when rebooting (that would interfere with installations like the kind I described), it's always safe to delete the contents of the temp folder. Because it's safe to delete any temp files that aren't open and in use
    by an application, and since Windows won't let you delete open files, it's safe to (try to) delete them at any time. If any fail to delete because they're open, they'll either be deleted automatically when the app using them closes, or you'll get them the
    next time you delete manually.

Some people may suggest that you reboot before deleting anything, but that's not necessary, for the reason described above (on the other hand, it doesn't hurt to do it).

Ken Blake, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

1. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive. - Similar Threads - Cannot delete OneDrive

2. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  3. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  4. Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete files from Temp subfolder in Windows Folder of C drive?: Recently, I accidently deleted files from this path - C:\Windows\Temp instead of - C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp.Will it have any negative impact on my machine or my OS?...
  5. Cant delete a mysterious folder in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant delete a mysterious folder in C:\Windows\Temp: Hi. So this folder is just recent. I had it 6/30/2021 at 1:23PM.. its on the temp folder of windows... weird part is I cant delete it, I cant see whats inside. And its making me crazy about it. It shows "empty/ 0bytes " but why everytime I scan that specific folder on AV or...
  6. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted: [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents...
  7. Trouble editing and deleting files in the 'Temp' folder on my C drive regarding Admin...

Trouble editing and deleting files in the 'Temp' folder on my C drive regarding Admin...: I recently upgraded my computer's SSD and installed a fresh version of Windows. I'm operating on a completely fresh drive. I am trying to install and edit a program called "RTX Voice". In short, I need to edit the nvi file in the temp folder in order to have it work with my...
  8. Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive

Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive: Hello, I have a question, What is the original owner of the Folder "temp" Located inside C:\Windows? Because i accidentally set the ownership of the folder to my name. When i used Powershell admin and typed $env:username, i saw my name and changed the owner of temp...
  9. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a desktop with 512GB of storage, I am syncing my Documents and Pictures folders using OneDrive personal Though OneDrive Business is installed, I don't use it. These take up a total of about 250GB. There is a very large Virtual Hard Disc file called...
  10. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive HDD of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data to OneDrive but I am unable to. I get a message that "Space required on your C:\ drive: 245 GB", which I don't have. I...