Windows 10: Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder

Discus and support Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Desk has a few dents more right now. Several machines on the LAN. Two machines, both W10 machines. THAT machine has the WHOLE users folder set to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cDreamDancer, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder

Desk has a few dents more right now.
    Several machines on the LAN.
    Two machines, both W10 machines.
    THAT machine has the WHOLE users folder set to be shared because I have need to access items in the user tree from just about all over it, from Desktop to Videos.
    Works fine for some folders, but I have a reason to move some pictures from THAT machine to THIS machine.
    And I get the message that I can't do this.

Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder [​IMG]

:)

cDreamDancer, Jul 29, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 29, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder

Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

HI,

Thanks but this is not the problem I have (onedrive folder sharing). The problem is the Windows Media Player is linking to my OneDrive pictures folder and availing all the content (13 GB of back up pictures from PC and my mobile) on my home network which
    can be accessed by anyone connecting to the my home network. Despite going to WMP and deleting the Onedrive folder from the shared folders list (right click on pictures/Manage Pictures Libraries and then remove OneDrive pictures folder) the dang WMP still
    reconnects and addes Onedrive folder back to the list of libraries to be shared !

this is frustrating because first, WMP should not automatically connects by default to Onedrive without specifically requesting it the first place, then when I delete it form the list, it should not reconnect to it.

MishalAlharbi, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder

1. Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder - Similar Threads - Cannot delete add

2. Add password to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  3. Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items: A few days ago, I upgraded 21h2, but now this option is not available. Forgive me for this rubbish English expression. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-management-shared-folders-shares-miss/7603186e-ba84-4acf-aa0b-5026c84859cc
  4. Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items: A few days ago, I upgraded 21h2, but now this option is not available. Forgive me for this rubbish English expression. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-management-shared-folders-shares-miss/7603186e-ba84-4acf-aa0b-5026c84859cc
  5. Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Cannot share files/pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot share files/pictures: Recently i was asked to update my account through a notification. I have Yahoo mail through my sky tv broadband package. And this has been running very well, for my windows 10. Which i also updated i.e changed password. But ever since i was asked to update my account i...
  7. Deleted Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Pictures Folder: Hi everyone - this is my first time here so I hope I'm doing this right. I've completely deleted my entire pictures folder because it popped up in my downloads and I thought it was a duplicate. I've tried to restore it but there is no backup of it. I would really appreciate...
  8. Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer

Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer: Hello Everyone, I can't access hidden folders (like: \\ip_remote\c$ or d$) on a remote computer. Even though when the computer asks for a username and password I have entered it correctly. If I try to make a share folder on the same remote computer. That can be done. I have...
  9. Pictures folder delete

Pictures folder delete: I have 3 sub folders in the 'Pictures' folder which keep reappearing, Camera Roll, Saved Pictures and Other Pictures. I have deleted them countless times but they still make a come back....... Have turned off all sync with google msn............even done a 'pc reset'...
  10. Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures)

Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures): Hi all.. Background I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade was done OTA. While I was using Windows 7 I had no network problems. Network Issue After the upgrade I am no longer able to access my shared folders or even the other shared computers...