Windows 10: Cannot delete or modify an application

Discus and support Cannot delete or modify an application in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow an app called "Chromium" and another called "Avast Free Antivirus" got downloaded on my computer. I cannot uninstall the applications or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mocha 9, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Mocha 9 Win User

Cannot delete or modify an application

Somehow an app called "Chromium" and another called "Avast Free Antivirus" got downloaded on my computer. I cannot uninstall the applications or even put them in the trash bin. I have tried using the chat feature to talk to IT and they have took remote access of my computer 3 times and still these problems still persist and they seem to not know what to do about it. These applications are taking up huge amounts of ram, up to 80% of it at all times.

:)

Mocha 9, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Florrian Win User

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 25, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot delete or modify an application - Similar Threads - Cannot delete modify

2. The created file failed to upload by application service, also cannot modified or deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The created file failed to upload by application service, also cannot modified or deleted: On C:/program filesx86/Application_name folder, Application does not having full access to the created files.Application service can be able to create a file in the app's folder. The file created could not be modify/delete by the service. When the service tries to upload the...
  3. The created file failed to upload by application service, also cannot modified or deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The created file failed to upload by application service, also cannot modified or deleted: On C:/program filesx86/Application_name folder, Application does not having full access to the created files.Application service can be able to create a file in the app's folder. The file created could not be modify/delete by the service. When the service tries to upload the...
  4. The created file failed to upload by application service, also cannot modified or deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted

in Windows 10 News
    The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted: [ATTACH]If you see The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be […] This article The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Files not showing as deleted or modified, but they really are.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not showing as deleted or modified, but they really are.: Having issues with how files and programs are being displayed on my PC. Whenever I rename or delete a file, nothing will change. The file will not be renamed, it won't disappear if deleted. However when I go into my recycling bin for example, the file will be there. If I try...
  7. Files not showing as deleted or modified, but they really are.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files not showing as deleted or modified, but they really are.: Having issues with how files and programs are being displayed on my PC. Whenever I rename or delete a file, nothing will change. The file will not be renamed, it won't disappear if deleted. However when I go into my recycling bin for example, the file will be there. If I try...
  8. Deleted applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted applications: I wanted to delete some unnecessary applications in my windows 10 anniversary edition pc and it turns out that I mistakenly deleted some applications that if I used I would like to have them back. How could I do this?...
  9. Only Admin user yet I cannot modify or delete various files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Only Admin user yet I cannot modify or delete various files: Hello Ten Forums. I come with an issue bugging me for the past week and thought maybe you can help me. I'm into modding and wanted to play a mod's new version which required deleting the old file because overwriting it would screw something up. I get this issue...
  10. Change or modify applications in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Change or modify applications in taskbar: There is a possibility to change or modify the applications installed, like in windows 7 [img] Where is the folder in user, where the link are stored ? Thank 12151