Windows 10: Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

Discus and support Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MPageMiller, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual file.

:)

MPageMiller, Sep 19, 2019
  2. SKPerry59 Win User

Canot move, delete or rename favotites

Recently I have been unable to delete favorites. When I try to delete a favorite it appears to be gone, but it returns at the bottom of the list within 1 - 2 minutes. If I rename a favorite, it does keep the new name, but it reappears at the bottom of
    the list as well, and if I move it to a sub folder, the move works, but a copy again reappears at the bottom. I have tried downloading and running Microsoft's Security Scanner and it found no problems. The second suggestion on the MS site was to reset IE.
    That did not work either. I the called MS support, and they told me I have done everything they can think of doing, but for just $99 they can fix the problem.

SKPerry59, Sep 19, 2019
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

How to delete and rename users

Hi Mark,

Before we can help you rename the new user account on your computer, please answer these questions for us to get a better understanding of the situation since you performed a clean installation of Windows 10:

• When you boot up your computer, do you see the original user account available for you to sign in to?
    • Is the new user account an administrator?
    Doing a clean installation of Windows 10 involves formatting your hard drive. Therefore, your files in the old user account, including the user account itself, would be wiped clean. It may not be a clean installation if the files are still on your computer.

To proceed with renaming the new user account, let's first make sure it is set as an administrator on your computer. Follow these steps to check if it is:

• Sign in to the old user account (Mark).
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Check whether it says the new user account (Mark_2) is an
      Administrator
    • If it's not yet an administrator, click on the account and select Change the account type.
    • Choose Administrator then apply the changes.
    Once the account is already an administrator, we can now delete the old user account. Here's how:

• Sign in to the new user account (Mark_2).
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Open User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the old user account (Mark).
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • You can opt to Delete Files for the old user account.
    • Restart your computer.
    To rename the new user account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type wmic useraccount where "name='Mark_2' " rename Mark then press
      Enter.

Let us know if you need more help.

Ruz San, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

1. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete Rename

2. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  3. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  4. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  6. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop

Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop: HiSo I faced the issue where I wasn't able to open, delete, rename or move a pdf file with a long filename on the desktop. While browsing through old forums and discussions, I came across the following solutions which do not work:Changing propertiesEnable/disable the preview...
  9. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files: I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a...
  10. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot rename fff file extension windows