Windows 10: Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files

Discus and support Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPMiller, Sep 24, 2019.

1. MPMiller Win User

Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual file.

:)

MPMiller, Sep 24, 2019
  2. MPMiller Win User

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual file.

MPMiller, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames
    the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual
    file.

MPageMiller, Sep 24, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, can't really help.. FWIW here's what I see:
    I created a dummy.fff file (obviously not a genuine one) on my desktop.

I noted it was associated with the Photos app.
    I could delete, recover, and rename it.

Similarly if located in Pictures.

I wonder what happens if you create a dummy file (e.g. rt click, new, txt file then rename it as dummy.fff ).
    Would Windows treat that any differently to the ones you've copied from your Apple device?

What are your fff files associated with?

dalchina, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete Rename

2. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner: I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a...
  3. file rename

file rename: I cant change the file name in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-rename/61f6fa66-7c24-419a-85cc-9ff513c4fb14"
  4. file will not sync, be deleted, or renamed

file will not sync, be deleted, or renamed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have found the location of the folder but it still will not let me delete or rename, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-will-not-sync-be-deleted-or-renamed/3ac31aa9-c9c9-49d7-863f-c161a50477cf"
  5. Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file: Trying delete file/rename it,but saying needs permission from Adm,in which I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/needs-permission-as-adm-to-delete-and-rename-file/81f1254e-06ef-4ef7-b6e2-a05586871aec
  6. Cannot rename a photo

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot rename a photo: After downloading to desktop, I attempt to rename a photo file. Win10 not up to the task. This has happened repeatedly and I don't understand what's going on. Today after many attempts (rt clk on file - nothing happens), I thought if I rebooted it would clear out the problem....
  7. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...
  8. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete file: I use gvim to edit a file named "expr.ml" and somehow another file named "expr.ml~" appears beside "expr.ml". I tried to delete "expr.ml~" but with no luck. I've tried: Right click > Delete. It says "Preparing to cancel" (Cancel what?!) while at the same time "Preparing...
  9. Batch Rename Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Rename Deletes Files: Hey all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and I've been playing around with the new File Explorer. One thing I tried was the batch rename function (by which I mean just selecting multiple files and clicking "rename"). I quickly realized that it behaves differently...
  10. Cannot delete, move, rename folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete, move, rename folder: Hello, I am having issues with a folder which I would like to delete. However, whenever I try to do that I am told I need admin access in order to do so. Problem is, I am the admin and if I go to Properties and in the Security tab, I am not allowed to do any changes and...