Windows 10: Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files

Discus and support Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPMiller, Sep 24, 2019.

1. MPMiller Win User

Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual file.

:)

MPMiller, Sep 24, 2019
  2. MPMiller Win User

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual file.

MPMiller, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames
    the files or a directory that hold the files. When I try Explorer often hangs up and I have to close it. I can copy the files.

This is not a permissions issue. I've tried repeatedly after rebooting to insure that the files are not open in another program. Using the Command Prompt does not help. In Safe Mode I was able to delete a directory of the files, but not rename an individual
    file.

MPageMiller, Sep 24, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, can't really help.. FWIW here's what I see:
    I created a dummy.fff file (obviously not a genuine one) on my desktop.

I noted it was associated with the Photos app.
    I could delete, recover, and rename it.

Similarly if located in Pictures.

I wonder what happens if you create a dummy file (e.g. rt click, new, txt file then rename it as dummy.fff ).
    Would Windows treat that any differently to the ones you've copied from your Apple device?

What are your fff files associated with?

dalchina, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff (Hasselblad scanner) Files - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete Rename

2. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  3. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  4. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  6. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop

Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop: HiSo I faced the issue where I wasn't able to open, delete, rename or move a pdf file with a long filename on the desktop. While browsing through old forums and discussions, I came across the following solutions which do not work:Changing propertiesEnable/disable the preview...
  9. Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner

Cannot Delete or Rename .fff Files From Hasselblad Scanner: I am using am using a Hasselblad scanner attached to an Apple computer to scan old b&w negatives. The scanner creates .fff files, which is apparently a TIFF file by another name. When I move the files to my Windows 10 PC, I am unable to delete or renames the files or a...
  10. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...