Windows 10: Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Discus and support Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by okaro, Nov 11, 2018.

1. okaro Win User

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then renaming the copies at least sometimes works (moving is not enough).

For example when I tried to delete with Irfanview I got a message "A file with the name you specified already exists. Specify a different file name."

This makes no sense in the context of delete. I got very same message on another program so I assume it is generated by Windows.

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 six days ago. (I had tried Win 10 in 2015 so I had the license). I had noting similar with 8.1. Maybe I just have to revert back and wait a few years if Windows 10 becomes ready. This does not happen to every file but it seems that once it happens to a file, it will happen to it if I try it again.

:)

okaro, Nov 11, 2018

2. Cannot rename files and folders in OneDrive

If you encounter the same concern for files and folders saved outside the
    OneDrive
    folder, it's possible that the issue can be associated to the recent update. To determine the possible cause, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and
    DISM to automatically fix any corrupted registry files. To do this, follow the steps created by community MVP
    ZigZag3143 on this
    wiki article
    . Once you're done, check if you can now rename your files and folders on your device.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Cannot rename files and folders in OneDrive

Hi,

Failure to rename the folders stored in your OneDrive folder may indicate a possible sync error. As an initial step to refresh OneDrive, you can unlink the account by performing the steps provided on this

link
    to re-sync your folders. Once your done, check if you encounter the same error.

In addition, sign-in to your account through
    onedrive.live.com
    and check if you can rename folders through the web.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Siva Ramji Mangipudi, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

1. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive - Similar Threads - Cannot delete rename

2. Renaming File on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming File on OneDrive: When I try to rename a file on OneDrive, the name keeps getting highlighted while I am trying to change just a portion of the name. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Renaming File on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming File on OneDrive: When I try to rename a file on OneDrive, the name keeps getting highlighted while I am trying to change just a portion of the name. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  5. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  6. Cannot delete or rename folder

7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  8. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  9. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Cannot delete any OneDrive file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete any OneDrive file: Hello! I cannot delete ANY Onedrive file on my desktop. Nothing happens when I press delete. I can move the file to another non-One Drivefolder and delete it there. I can also delete a Onedrive file from a laptop linked via local network. I am logged on as Admin. Grateful...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to rename files synced to onedrive

2. why cant i rename or delete my onedrive file

3. why cant i rename a folder in onedrive

4. cannot delete a file in onedrive,
  5. cant rename file on desktop onedrive,
  6. cannot rename folders in windows onedrive,
  7. cant delete file onedrive,
  8. cannot delete files onedrive