Windows 10: Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Discus and support Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried the following: -Restarting my computer -Turning off the preview pane -Pressing shift+delete -Punching my screen -Snapping my fingers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frustrating2me, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

I have tried the following:

-Restarting my computer

-Turning off the preview pane

-Pressing shift+delete

-Punching my screen

-Snapping my fingers

-Wiggling my nose

-Putting tape on the screen to cover the file

-Yelling at my computer

-Closing my eyes

-Calling my IT guy an idiot

And I still cannot delete this freaking pdf file off of my desktop!

What the hell?

Chris

:)

Frustrating2me, Feb 5, 2019

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Feb 5, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 5, 2019
  4. garden54 Win User

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Windows 10 Desktop Trouble deleting word documents or PDF files

does anyone have a simple solution when one tries to delete a document or PDF from the desktop and it suggest it cannot be found and to try again?

often after a reboot, the file that you tried to delete will then be gone!

garden54, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

1. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete PDF

2. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  3. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  4. Cannot delete items from desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete items from desktop: I am unable to delete items from my desktop. Whether I right click and hit delete, or drag them to the trash, they will be gone for a split second, the pop right back up on the desktop. Occasionally I will get a message that says words to the affect "If you delete this from...
  5. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  6. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  7. Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop

Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop: I have already deleted a pdf file, however the cached file still appears on my desktop. I can open the file via the graphic interface but not in command prompt. I've tried the following steps:- sfc /scannow in command prompt- del filename in command prompt- shift + delete-...
  8. Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop

Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  9. pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name

pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name: Hi there, I downloaded this pdf and I can't open it, delete it, or edit it at all. It just sits there. The file name is wrong too since it contains characters like - or $ etc, but somehow it got saved on desktop. I have tried to use the cmd method but it returns "System...
  10. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot delete pdf from desktop

2. how to delete pdf from desktop on windows 10

3. delete multiple pdf on desktop

4. pdf delete desktop,
  5. cannot delete program foxit pdf,
  6. delete desktop pdf on surface,
  7. delete desktop pdf