Windows 10: Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Discus and support Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried the following: -Restarting my computer -Turning off the preview pane -Pressing shift+delete -Punching my screen -Snapping my fingers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frustrating2me, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

I have tried the following:

-Restarting my computer

-Turning off the preview pane

-Pressing shift+delete

-Punching my screen

-Snapping my fingers

-Wiggling my nose

-Putting tape on the screen to cover the file

-Yelling at my computer

-Closing my eyes

-Calling my IT guy an idiot

And I still cannot delete this freaking pdf file off of my desktop!

What the hell?

Chris

:)

Frustrating2me, Feb 5, 2019

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Feb 5, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 5, 2019
  4. garden54 Win User

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Windows 10 Desktop Trouble deleting word documents or PDF files

does anyone have a simple solution when one tries to delete a document or PDF from the desktop and it suggest it cannot be found and to try again?

often after a reboot, the file that you tried to delete will then be gone!

garden54, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

1. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete PDF

2. Can not delete PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not delete PDF: I am not able to delete a PDF from my desktop. I copied an email Gmail into a PDF Nuance PDF viewer file and saved it to my desktop. Now I can not delete it. I've tried Shift, delete. I've tried changes to the Securities in Properties of the file and nothing. Tried moving...
  3. Deletion of folder from desktop

Deletion of folder from desktop: Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising. Is there any solution?...
  4. pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name

pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name: Hi there, I downloaded this pdf and I can't open it, delete it, or edit it at all. It just sits there. The file name is wrong too since it contains characters like - or $ etc, but somehow it got saved on desktop. I have tried to use the cmd method but it returns "System...
  5. cannot delete a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete a desktop folder: i have a folder sitting on my desktop for a long time and I simply cannot delete it every time i try to delete it i get a message Item not found cannot find item Try again or cancel I have just rebuilt the laptop and its still there Winver 1803 145590
  6. Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.: I have noticed for a while now that certain shortcuts on my desktop keep disappearing into the trashcan, it leaves a blank white space where the shortcut was! I restore them back from the trashcan only to find them back in the trash a little while later, any suggestions...
  7. Add and delete pages from PDF?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add and delete pages from PDF?: I have a PDF file with 12 pages. I need to replace 4 of them. Can I do this? Do I need to download/purchase special software?
  8. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314
  9. Cannot delete an item from my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete an item from my desktop: After installing an application (Tagging for Windows) which is an extension to Windows Explorer on a Win 10 a computer an icon lablled Tags is added to my desktop, which I can move about but not delete. No file corresponding to the icon appears in the...
  10. folder on desktop cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    folder on desktop cannot be deleted: On my desktop there is a folder, I want to delete. I am able to rename that folder (for instance Away), but I am not able to delete it since the folder contains another folder, named shellext. Everything I try to do (administrator account) with the shellext folder results...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot delete pdf from desktop

2. how to delete pdf from desktop on windows 10

3. delete multiple pdf on desktop

4. pdf delete desktop,
  5. cannot delete program foxit pdf,
  6. delete desktop pdf on surface,
  7. delete desktop pdf