Windows 10: Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

Discus and support Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, and hope you can help. I have recent purchased a Lenovo with windows 10. I have just copied over all my photos from my old laptop to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveWoodward2, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

Hi all, and hope you can help. I have recent purchased a Lenovo with windows 10.

I have just copied over all my photos from my old laptop to the new one and put them all in the picture folder.

But I have tried to remove/delete unwanted ones and they will not delete from this folder.

However, if I cut them and paste them on to my desktop I can then delete them successfully.

Please help as it is really annoying as I should be able to delete then straight from the picture folder.

Thank you all in advance,

Steve

:)

SteveWoodward2, Apr 4, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information from you to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I can't delete individual pictures” are you facing any issues in deleting the all pictures or only a particular? If yes, what is the error message that you read?
    • Are you trying to remove the picture only from Photos app?

If you are trying to remove the pictures only from the Microsoft Photos app, then you can remove the particular folder from the Photos apps and the pictures won’t appear in Photos app. Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Open Photos app.
    2. Click on ellipsis (three dots) on the top right corner and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on X
      to remove the folder where your pictures are saved.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 4, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

1. Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder - Similar Threads - Cannot delete photos

2. Avoid Deleting Pictures from Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avoid Deleting Pictures from Folders: How do I delete a picture from Canon Power Shot A530 without deleting it from the folder I made for that picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avoid-deleting-pictures-from-folders/2e79691f-58b4-44f1-8e22-688bfbfcbb91
  3. Avoid Deleting Pictures from Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avoid Deleting Pictures from Folders: How do I delete a picture from Canon Power Shot A530 without deleting it from the folder I made for that picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avoid-deleting-pictures-from-folders/2e79691f-58b4-44f1-8e22-688bfbfcbb91
  4. I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app: In the Photos app, there are 4 pictures and a video that I cannot delete or view. When I try to view them it says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted," and when I try to delete them it says "We couldn't...
  5. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  6. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  7. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  8. Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder.

Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder.: Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. There were originally approx. 20 photos in a folder named "SHUTTLEWORTH", but there are now only 9. They are not in the recycle bin. I have not deleted them, nor moved them. Having had a quick look at some of the other folder,...
  9. Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC

Cannot delete photos, or folders with photos, or documents on my PC: I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a fairly new Dell PC. I was working on some photos and videos, and a few days ago I began to have some trouble with deleting any of them. I now cannot delete any folders containing photos. I just checked, and I also cannot delete any...
  10. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!: Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help please. 130723