Windows 10: Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

Discus and support Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my desktop is running out of storage. I found the location the app files are saved at. My computer came preinstalled with these games: Disney... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bossyoutuber01, May 19, 2019.

1. Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

So my desktop is running out of storage. I found the location the app files are saved at. My computer came preinstalled with these games:

• Disney Magic Kingdoms
    • March of Empires
    • Bubble Witch Saga 3
    • Candy Crush Soda Sag

I deleted these games but came across saved files from the deleted games I have never opened while they were still installed on the computer. I gave my profile access to them so I could delete the files for the games I deleted. I could not delete some files for the pre installed games I never opened and deleted.

Is it possible to delete the files? And why would it even save the files when I deleted the apps that have never been opened? This is what I hate about windows. The useless apps are protected and some files for deleted apps are saved.

Is there a way to delete these apps?:

• Camera (Desktops don't have a camera and I don't use webcams)
    • Mail
    • Maps
    • Messaging (Really if you can just read and not send what's the point on a computer)
    • Mixed Reality Portal
    • Windows Defender Security Service (Never used, I have Bitdefender)

Of course, weather, one I use sometimes can be deleted while stuff like Maps can't. Thanks Microsoft for making storage impossible to manage!

:)

bossyoutuber01, May 19, 2019

2. win 7 need perm to delete files

or your files are accessed by other apps so it refuse when you delete it

micropage7, May 19, 2019
  3. Nergal Win User
    App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, May 19, 2019
  4. Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

Cannot delete files in Temp

~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp

Those filenames, iirc, I have seen files of that naming nature made by applications created in Visual Basic in the past, & they did not tend to cleanup @ shutdown of the apps that made them.

A list of apps you run @ startup could help us help you understand which apps are creating them possibly, just so you know & then you might be able to find apps that do the same task but do not leave a mess around in your %TEMP%/%TMP% folders.

Also, providing us a list of taskmgr.exe apps via a screenshot of it isn't going to hurt either, just so you understand what may be causing that last filename (~ROMFN_000007A8 )

We're all fairly sure the performance monitoring the system does creates this one though -> Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat @ this point.

In any event, I would guess it's apps you run @ system startup, either from the registry RUN areas, &/or startup groups, for the first 3 filenames, mainly because your safemode booting allows you to delete the files & safemode typically doesn't run anything absolutely not necessary to system function (like registry RUN areas & startup group apps).

APK

Alec§taar, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

1. Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete Preinstalled

2. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  3. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  4. Cannot delete file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete file.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ehsf6bfozi851.png?width=357&format=png&auto=webp&s=b484c137d909e935316141ddfb9f2a578728aef1 Before you ask, yes, i've tried changing the owner on the folder and no, it doesn't help at all. This is a screenshot of the file itself, I'm the...
  5. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete file: My file explorer (or whatever they call it nowadays) shows me a pdf file in a particular "documents" folder which has 0 bytes. For some reason I cannot delete it nor the folder it is in. I keep getting the message: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in xxx...
  6. Cannot delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete a file: Hello,Cannot delete some file the normal way or in admin power shell. It sits there from some days ago.When trying to delete it, I get an answer "it is opened in windows explorer".(If windows explorer is closed, I cannot see the file).Location of the file "C:/users/(my...
  7. Cannot delete File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete File: Hi everyone I have been having some issues deleting a certain file from my computer. The image below shows the type of File as File, I have tried using command prompt, disk clean up, disk check for errors and plenty of other methods and yet it cannot be deleted. When I...
  8. Cannot delete game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete game: Hi, I downloaded "Gear of war 4" from store. The files are very huge (134 GB) and I have space 200 GB left in my hard disk. After finishing download, it showed. not enough space. So, I tried to uninstall it I cannot. I tried to go to temporary folder to delete but it...
  9. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete file: I use gvim to edit a file named "expr.ml" and somehow another file named "expr.ml~" appears beside "expr.ml". I tried to delete "expr.ml~" but with no luck. I've tried: Right click > Delete. It says "Preparing to cancel" (Cancel what?!) while at the same time "Preparing...
  10. Cannot delete Windows Apps files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files: Attached is a list of Windows apps files I moved to a user folder on my system. I am unable to delete the folder containing these files even after I take ownership. I have long cleaned up my system of the store and windows 10 apps. Any idea how I could delete these files?...