Windows 10: Cannot delete Raw files

Discus and support Cannot delete Raw files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im running windows 10 pro on a HP zbook laptop but whenever i put raw photo files into the recycle bin it wont let me delete them, yet im able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bikeit, Dec 21, 2020.

1. bikeit Win User

Cannot delete Raw files

Im running windows 10 pro on a HP zbook laptop but whenever i put raw photo files into the recycle bin it wont let me delete them, yet im able to delete jpegs without any issues, anyone offer any help on how i can fix this please, TIA

:)

bikeit, Dec 21, 2020

2. Deleting raw image files

Whenever I try to delete raw image files from the recycle bin they don't want to delete. If I restart the computer then they will delete. Regular JPG images are no problem I just hit "empty the recycle bin" and they are gone. Does anybody have an answer
    or a workaround??

BradleyBuzan, Dec 21, 2020
  3. dshock29 Win User
    Turn off display of RAW files

Prior to the Windows 10 upgrade I wasn't able to see my camera's RAW files via Windows Photo viewers. Now I can so I have duplicates (I shoot JPEG as well) which is annoying and time consuming. I realize I can create separate folders but I'd rather switch
    back to the way it was pre-Windows 10. Any suggestions? Can I delete the codec that views RAW files? (.NEF - Nikon raw format).

Thanks

dshock29, Dec 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot delete Raw files

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete Raw files

1. Cannot delete Raw files - Similar Threads - Cannot delete Raw

2. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  3. Cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete files: I have a backup on my portable drive, where some files cannot be deleted, not with WinRar nor renaming at the Command Prompt either, they cannot be renamed in any method. These are system files for F.Fox. In this folder I have had several files that belongs to the long file...
  4. File RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File RAW: Mi si dice che nel PC c'è una raccolta di file RAW, ma io finora non l'ho trovata. Chi mi sa dire qualcosa? Grazie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-raw/e1b498f5-d80e-460e-8834-c5de98fb08a3
  5. Deleting raw image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting raw image files: Whenever I try to delete raw image files from the recycle bin they don't want to delete. If I restart the computer then they will delete. Regular JPG images are no problem I just hit "empty the recycle bin" and they are gone. Does anybody have an answer or a workaround??...
  6. Cannot delete file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete file.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ehsf6bfozi851.png?width=357&format=png&auto=webp&s=b484c137d909e935316141ddfb9f2a578728aef1 Before you ask, yes, i've tried changing the owner on the folder and no, it doesn't help at all. This is a screenshot of the file itself, I'm the...
  7. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete file: My file explorer (or whatever they call it nowadays) shows me a pdf file in a particular "documents" folder which has 0 bytes. For some reason I cannot delete it nor the folder it is in. I keep getting the message: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in xxx...
  8. Cannot delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete a file: Hello,Cannot delete some file the normal way or in admin power shell. It sits there from some days ago.When trying to delete it, I get an answer "it is opened in windows explorer".(If windows explorer is closed, I cannot see the file).Location of the file "C:/users/(my...
  9. Cannot delete File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete File: Hi everyone I have been having some issues deleting a certain file from my computer. The image below shows the type of File as File, I have tried using command prompt, disk clean up, disk check for errors and plenty of other methods and yet it cannot be deleted. When I...
  10. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete file: I use gvim to edit a file named "expr.ml" and somehow another file named "expr.ml~" appears beside "expr.ml". I tried to delete "expr.ml~" but with no luck. I've tried: Right click > Delete. It says "Preparing to cancel" (Cancel what?!) while at the same time "Preparing...