Windows 10: Cannot delete removable drive partitions.

Discus and support Cannot delete removable drive partitions. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a microSD card with too many partitions and I want to delete the partitions, when I go to delete them and click "yes" on the warning message,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SavPMA, Jan 30, 2023.

1. SavPMA Win User

Cannot delete removable drive partitions.

I have a microSD card with too many partitions and I want to delete the partitions, when I go to delete them and click "yes" on the warning message, nothing happens. Please help!

:)

SavPMA, Jan 30, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 30, 2023
  3. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Cannot delete removable drive partitions.

Recover from drive - just remove my files. Does it delete data from c drive only or all the drives/partitions?

i am trying to recover from USB drive. I selected option "Just remove my files" and then i see screen with following text

• All personal files and user account on your PC will be removed.
    • Any apps and programs that didn't come with your PC will be removed.
    • Windows will be re-installed from the recovery drive connected to your PC.
    • If you've repartitioned your system drive, this will restore its default partitions.

What is the meaning of 4th point? is it going to delete all my other partitions like d,e,f ? or it will just quick format my c drive and install windows on it

Please suggest

Thank you!!

RohanGakhare, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Cannot delete removable drive partitions.

1. Cannot delete removable drive partitions. - Similar Threads - Cannot delete removable

2. Cannot delete removable drive partitions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete removable drive partitions.: I have a microSD card with too many partitions and I want to delete the partitions, when I go to delete them and click "yes" on the warning message, nothing happens. Please help!...
  3. Cannot delete removable drive partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete removable drive partitions.: I have a microSD card with too many partitions and I want to delete the partitions, when I go to delete them and click "yes" on the warning message, nothing happens. Please help!...
  4. Microsoft Virtual Drive Cannot delete or eject or remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Virtual Drive Cannot delete or eject or remove: CDDRIVE K;CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9, I used this virtual drive to upgrade to WIN11 and now I cannot delete it. I have tried everything that I could find, from going to the properties and uninstalling the driver, tried to eject, then I went to disk management and it doesn't even...
  5. Microsoft Virtual Drive Cannot delete or eject or remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Virtual Drive Cannot delete or eject or remove: CDDRIVE K;CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9, I used this virtual drive to upgrade to WIN11 and now I cannot delete it. I have tried everything that I could find, from going to the properties and uninstalling the driver, tried to eject, then I went to disk management and it doesn't even...
  6. Cannot delete or shrink partition on USB drive, "request is not supported"

Cannot delete or shrink partition on USB drive, "request is not supported": i have tried to shrink a partition on a USB drive the USB drive has a singular partition on it, however when i tell it to shrink 10 GB of the 60 GB on the USB, it says the action isnt supported. trying to delete the volume does the same. this is consistent on multiple windows...
  7. Cannot delete a partition

Cannot delete a partition: I was trying to delete partition 1 on my disk. It has no associated volume with it.while deleting it gives the following errorPlease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-partition/c691b87e-3107-4571-98b6-536e91a1b672
  8. How do I remove a drive letter from a deleted partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove a drive letter from a deleted partition?: So, I used DiskPart to delete an unnecessary partition from disk 0, but it still shows in my file explorer as Local Disk E:. How do i remove the drive letter?...
  9. I cannot remove an EFI partition on a non-system drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot remove an EFI partition on a non-system drive.: Hi I just uninstalled Ubuntu from my secondary HDD drive and there is an unallocated partition that I can't make my original windows partition to extend to. This is because there is and EFI partition in the middle of in ~500mb and I can't delete it. I would like to retain my...
  10. Still Cannot Delete Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Still Cannot Delete Recovery Partition: Tried the commands a few times still am not able to get rid of the Recovery Partition image I made by accident when creating a Recovery usb disk backup.*john [img] [img] 63548