Windows 10: Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home

Discus and support Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI Everyone, I just signed up on this tonight and need help. I bought this HP Laptop which is only a year old from someone. Still under warranty.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gina, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Gina Win User

Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home

HI Everyone,
    I just signed up on this tonight and need help.

I bought this HP Laptop which is only a year old from someone. Still under warranty. Anyway, my problem is that the default owner Brittany++++++ name is on everything. I printed off stuff and even though she had cleaned it pretty good...still she is the default Administrator. Biggest problem is that I cannot download anything because I deleted her folder....but a window do come up and ask if I want to dl it to her file.

I tried various ways to get this gone, to no avail. I tried the command prompt but it says that Access is denied. System Error 5 occurred. I tried the youtube video of going into Computer Management and looked for local user and groups but it is not listed. I do have myself as Administrator. I a m missing something...I am sure. Feeling a little stupid right now.

Ended up messing up settings on my printer too...Got to uninstall that too now. Seems the more I do, the more I am messing up.

Hoping there is someone there that can help me. I know a little on the system to tell you its 4 GB RAM and a 500 GB HDD> 64 bit. Its windows 10 Home. Hope this helps.

:)

Gina, Dec 8, 2018

2. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Dec 8, 2018
  3. FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home

1. Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Cannot Delete default

2. CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10: I recently purchased a new router Linksys AC1900 and set up my home wifi network. I have 12 devices connected, including a Win 10 PC that is appx a year old. All of these devices connected quickly and with no problem. However, I have an older Win 10 PC that was previously...
  3. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  4. windows 10 administrator cannot delete files

windows 10 administrator cannot delete files: I see millions of people have this problem and it is not fixed so here goes again...I am the administrator of my laptop yet I cannot delete some folders and files I have created on it. I've looked through and tried to apply numerous "fixes" and none work. Most have about 20...
  5. Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete the default administrator on my win 10 Home: HI Everyone, I just signed up on this tonight and need help. I bought this HP Laptop which is only a year old from someone. Still under warranty. Anyway, my problem is that the default owner Brittany++++++ name is on everything. I printed off stuff and even though she had...
  6. Cannot enable my default administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot enable my default administrator account: Hi Everyone, I'm begging for your help on this one. Recently, I've used Hyper V to install virtual Windows Server 2016 on my computer. I accidentally joined that computer in the domain and now I already deleted that domain without knowing that my computer is still part of...
  7. Cannot enable my default administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enable my default administrator account: Hi Everyone, I'm begging for your help on this one. Recently, I've used Hyper V to install virtual Windows Server 2016 on my computer. I accidentally joined that computer in the domain and now I already deleted that domain without knowing that my computer is still part of...
  8. Win 10 Home default app choices missing

Win 10 Home default app choices missing: Been searching for a simple answer for this but haven't found one. I'm trying to change the default program for opening certain file types. When using the 'default apps' in settings, the programs I would like to use (installed on my computer) are not an option, and selecting...
  9. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Default program in Win 10 home: When going into setting/apps & features/set default by app; I don't see the installed app that I prefer to use; specifically I want to use AVS4YOU media player to auto-play mp4 files and the like. I cant locate it under programs/default to choose it. I am likely missing...
  10. Win 10 Home default storage locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home default storage locations: I started using a new PC with Win10 Home installed. After a couple of days, I received a message saying my OneDrive space was almost full. When I looked into this I found the default location for my photos is a OneDrive folder. This was set automatically. When I try to change...