Windows 10: Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

Discus and support Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaseenRaj, Aug 9, 2020.

1. TaseenRaj Win User

Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

Hello,

This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete this folder from my desktop but it is not deleting by any means at all.

I have tried various methods to solve this problem but still its not deleting.

I guess it has something to do with one drive or something.

Can anyone help me to get rid of this thing please :

I am attaching some pictures of the problem I am facing ! Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! bab20f2e-2f42-4b75-96b5-a34e4f1a4a38?upload=true.jpg Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! ae68018d-de3c-4844-ab22-72cfd0e5609c?upload=true.jpg Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! a642e622-5b5c-430b-ad75-a348bc63d575?upload=true.jpg

:)

TaseenRaj, Aug 9, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 9, 2020
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! :(

lyndonguitar, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

A Folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: To find the exact location of the folder that you want to delete I suggest you to follow the below steps and check fi it helps.

• Right click on the “Folder” on the “Desktop” that you want to delete.
    • Click on “Properties”.
    • Under the “Target” tab you will find the path of the folder, go to that particular path and try to delete the folder.

Method 2: If still the issue persists, then If you are using third party anti-virus, then I suggest you to temporarily disable it and check whether the issue persists or not.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should
    re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

1. Cannot delete this folder on desktop ! - Similar Threads - Cannot delete folder

2. Cannot Delete a folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Delete a folder: [ATTACH] New drive is created automatically [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-folder/5aacf868-efc9-473e-bea1-7a5b0fd9c9c7
  3. Deleting Folders in Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folders in Desktop: Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these Folders to find the way to delete them. But it doesn't seem to have a option to delete. Does anyone have a solution to help me?...
  4. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  5. cannot delete a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete a desktop folder: i have a folder sitting on my desktop for a long time and I simply cannot delete it every time i try to delete it i get a message Item not found cannot find item Try again or cancel I have just rebuilt the laptop and its still there Winver 1803 145590
  6. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  7. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24
  8. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I have seen a few posts about how to delete a file or folder when 'Item Not Found' and 'Could not find this item' dialogue appears, but the thread is locked. I have tried to follow the answer given, re command prompt, but could not make it work. I am not a skilled user in...
  9. Cannot Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Delete a Folder: When I try to delete the remaining folder after uninstalling a software in Program Files I get a message: "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder", although I'm the administrator. Please help me to fix this problem. 43032
  10. folder on desktop cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    folder on desktop cannot be deleted: On my desktop there is a folder, I want to delete. I am able to rename that folder (for instance Away), but I am not able to delete it since the folder contains another folder, named shellext. Everything I try to do (administrator account) with the shellext folder results...