Windows 10: Cannot delete unwanted account

Discus and support Cannot delete unwanted account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have removed an unwanted account in Windows 10 by going Settings\Accounts\Email & app accounts\Accounts used by other apps Then clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianFisher4882, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Cannot delete unwanted account

I have removed an unwanted account in Windows 10 by going Settings\Accounts\Email & app accounts\Accounts used by other apps
    Then clicking on the account and Remove. So it disappears from the list but next time I switch on and go there it has returned.
    And I keep getting messages saying I should fix this account.

:)

BrianFisher4882, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Cannot delete unwanted account

Delete an unwanted email account

Is the email you want to delete a Windows Live account? Otherwise, follow the steps that Johan outlined, then use the dpad to select the account and press the Delete button with the stylus.

Linley Meslier, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete unwanted account

1. Cannot delete unwanted account - Similar Threads - Cannot delete unwanted

2. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete admin account: out of no where there is a secondary administrator account in my laptop i’m running windows 10 and it won’t show up to let me delete it from my main account that I have always used that is also an admin account. This new admin account doesn’t allow me to set a pin for it and...
  3. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete admin account: out of no where there is a secondary administrator account in my laptop i’m running windows 10 and it won’t show up to let me delete it from my main account that I have always used that is also an admin account. This new admin account doesn’t allow me to set a pin for it and...
  4. Cannot delete admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unwanted local account

unwanted local account: Unwanted Local Account I had a computer crash that had a local user account as well as a Microsoft account. I replaced that computer with another and set it up. I did not put a local user account on the new computer. Now the old local user is showing up on the new computer...
  6. Unwanted user account in start window can't be deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted user account in start window can't be deleted: When I restart Windows 10, I get two user accounts on my startup screen. The first is my name and I use a pin to log in. The second I have never created and shows up first on startup. The user account does not show up in the Control Panel. I've tried to use the command...
  7. Unwanted accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted accounts?: Hello, I was advised to use the 'run- netplwiz' and it shows only 1 account. It then shows username, and under 'Group' it shows Administrators; Users. However, when I go to \windows\users\ I see directories: default, default user1, defaultuser1.NAME-LAPTOP.001, then 'first...
  8. Delete unwanted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete unwanted files: I have a long history of many files of one subject that I would like to clean up. I have done a search and get a long list of resulting files. Opening a file on this list to determine current relevancy results in a search redo of the list. How can I save the original...
  9. unwanted user account

unwanted user account: hi there is an unwanted user account in my windows 10 that i don't know how it's created. when i delete this user account and restart my laptop that account is created itself. The account has an unusual name: khrgrenqjxsx. i think it should be a virus or malware. How...
  10. Deleting unwanted items

Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....