Windows 10: Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.

Discus and support Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had to "reset" my PC, but did this through the reset option in windows which allows you to keep most of your "personal data". After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElderWaffles, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.

I recently had to "reset" my PC, but did this through the reset option in windows which allows you to keep most of your "personal data". After reinstalling the Xbox app, I had to set a new location for my games in a different drive, as it could not delete the old location (which has ~200 GB worth of games on it). I have tried setting the ownership to myself, and deleting it. I tried deleting the individual folders inside the WindowsApps folder. Nothing has worked so far. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ElderWaffles, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 21, 2019
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass.

1. Cannot delete WindowsApps folder created by Xbox Beta app for gamepass. - Similar Threads - Cannot delete WindowsApps

2. Is there a way to point the Xbox app to a windowsapp folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to point the Xbox app to a windowsapp folder?: I am having an issue with my windowsapps folders. I have 5 drives in total. One is an M.2. ssd that I use as my boot drive, a mostly unused sata ssd, and 3 high capacity Hdds that I use almost exclusively as storage for games. The 3 Hdds have migrated from previous builds,...
  3. Cannot delete/authorize myself to delete Gamepass games in WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete/authorize myself to delete Gamepass games in WindowsApps: To make a long story short: I had to wipe my C: drive and re-install Windows 10. Problem there is all my Xbox Gamepass games were set to install to my H: Drive. They're still there, but Gamepass does not recognize them. No problem, I can just delete and start over......
  4. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  5. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  6. Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST...

Xbox Game App - WindowsApps Folder - Games do not delete, cannot transfer no rights WORST...: Ok so this is a major complaint and plea for Microsoft to fix their product as I can see through many searches that this issue is not new. I have been fairly furious dealing with this BS application and especially the WindowsApps Folder...I only noticed this as I deleted a...
  7. Cannot delete WindowsApps Folder June 2020

Cannot delete WindowsApps Folder June 2020: Hi all, I have seen this question circulated everywhere and the issue still persists, some seem to have more luck than others. In brief, I am clearing out my PC of tons and tons of GBs of games, everything is fine except when I enter my SSD my OS is stored on an M.2 the...
  8. Xbox Gamepass (Beta) issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Gamepass (Beta) issues: I've been using the XGP PC beta for a while now with no issues until this morning, when I tried to install the Masterchief collection. My network died briefly shortly after I started the download (about 500mb in) and the app 'glitched' and said that the game had fully...
  9. Xbox Gamepass Beta is out? 23/10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Gamepass Beta is out? 23/10: Anyone knows if it's offline now? Me and my friend can't play anything. submitted by /u/rodrigoxm49 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm64y6/xbox_gamepass_beta_is_out_2310/
  10. Cannot install many games on gamepass ultimate through the windows store app or Xbox beta app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install many games on gamepass ultimate through the windows store app or Xbox beta app.: I have been having this issue since purchasing gamepass ultimate. I am attempting to preload gears 5 but the install button on the windows store is unresponsive, and I get error 0x00000001 on the xbox beta app. I also attempted to install ape out and age of empires but got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete windowsapp folder xbox game pass folder

2. what folder are xbox beta games saved

3. move gamepass app delete old location

4. xbox beta folder,
  5. what is microsoft.dallasbeta windowsapps,
  6. windowsapps microsoft.dallas beta