Windows 10: Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive

Discus and support Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to assign drive letter and name for the removeable flash drive, but “disc management” process not able to proceed with formating the USB flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LW_99, Dec 27, 2020.

1. LW_99 Win User

Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive

I tried to assign drive letter and name for the removeable flash drive, but “disc management” process not able to proceed with formating the USB flash drive. Error prompt “ specified file not identified” which also lead conversion failure of RAW TO NTFS or FAT. Naturally laptop not able to detect the USB Drive when plug it in.

Any insights?

:)

LW_99, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Snakefist Win User

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Well Linux didn't detect it.

Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive [​IMG]

And here is my windows computer to show that neither one shows the flash drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Well thanks for trying. If you can think of anything else let me know.
    I went ahead and bought this one just in case the other one is fubar.
    https://shop.westerndigital.com/prod...CZ880-256G-A46

Snakefist, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Snakefist Win User
    Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage.

I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state usb 3.2 256gb flash drive.

Snakefist, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive - Similar Threads - Cannot detect USB

2. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  3. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  4. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  6. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  7. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  8. USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port: my USB 3.0 flash drive is detected when plugged into the 2.0 USB port, but not when its plugged into the 3.0 USB port. But my 2.0 USB devices are detected when plugged into the 3.0 USB port. Is there any way to make it so 3.0 USB detects 3.0 USB? 130330
  9. USB flash detect

USB flash detect: I try to sort out if an USB memory was mounted on my computer, this is saved logs since 2016. So could this three event be USB memory activity? (the last log is a photo of the event) Eventxmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> L: - <System>...
  10. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587