Windows 10: Cannot detect Wi-Fi

Discus and support Cannot detect Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to update my Windows 10 in my ASUS Laptop. Then suddenly, my laptop could no longer detect Wi-Fi connections. I trieed troubleshooting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by angel rosedigal, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Cannot detect Wi-Fi

I was trying to update my Windows 10 in my ASUS Laptop. Then suddenly, my laptop could no longer detect Wi-Fi connections. I trieed troubleshooting it and it says "windows could not find a driver for your network adapter."

What should I do?

:)

angel rosedigal, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Fungerspo Win User

Can't detect any Wi-Fi network

Hi,

My Laptop(Lenovo ideapad 310-14IKB) suddenly can't detect any Wi-Fi networks. I can confirm that the Wi-Fi network appears as public on my phone. Troubleshooter can't fix this problem automatically but instead spews out this error :

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

So far, I've took these steps to try fix the problem without resetting my laptop:

• Reinstalling driver. Both newest from manufacturer website and rolled back version.
    • Network reset on Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset.
    • Disabling IP Helper on services.msc
    • `netsh winsock reset` and restart
    • TCP/IP stack reset
    • Disabling DHCP Broadcast Flag for my Wi-Fi adapter
    Is there anymore things that I can do to fix this?

PS: My Wi-Fi is 2.4Ghz and my laptop can detect both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz before this error.

Fungerspo, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Cannot detect Wi-Fi

Having Wi-Fi Issues

I'm having wi-fi issues with my Lumia 929, that I can't figure out and just seems to ridiculous to have on a smartphone in 2014. When I'm connected to any wi-fi connection that I've previously setup, and leave the location where that network is located (ex.
    home), then go to another location (ex. work) where I've also sucessfully setup a wi-fi connection, my phone will not detect, and therefore will not connect to that wi-fi network.

Steps:

• Connected to wireless_home network
    • Leave home, arrive at work
    • Phone will not automatically detect or connect to wireless_work
    • Restart phone, wireless_work is detected, and automatically connected
    This is the kind of problem that will kill Windows Phones in the market! I've been somewhat loyal, but I'm getting very tired of this stuff.

jwilder---01, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Cannot detect Wi-Fi

1. Cannot detect Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Cannot detect

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  6. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  7. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10: I am working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 that is running Windows 10. I am plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. I have two monitors connected to the docking station, which have work perfectly until this afternoon. My work laptop Dell Latitude 5430, also Windows 10 works...
  8. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10: I am working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 that is running Windows 10. I am plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. I have two monitors connected to the docking station, which have work perfectly until this afternoon. My work laptop Dell Latitude 5430, also Windows 10 works...
  9. Cannot detect external monitors Windows 10

10. Wifi Gets disconnected and cannot detect availabe network

Wifi Gets disconnected and cannot detect availabe network: Hello,I am using windows 11, i7 8th gen processor and wifi adapter is "Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter".My network connection suddenly gets disconnected and I cannot see available network option. My wifi router is working fine as it is conncetd on other devices...