Windows 10: Cannot dir in My Documents folder from a command line

Discus and support Cannot dir in My Documents folder from a command line in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the owner of My Documents, and I have Full Control. I can use Windows Explorer to navigate inside this folder, but whether I use Command Prompt or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Al_27, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Al_27 Win User

Cannot dir in My Documents folder from a command line

I am the owner of My Documents, and I have Full Control. I can use Windows Explorer to navigate inside this folder, but whether I use Command Prompt or Powershell, I cannot use the dir command. Command Prompt says "File Not Found." PowerShell gives a long error message that begins with PermissionDenied. The FullyQualifiedErrorId begins with "DirUnauthorizedAccessError" and ends with "GetChildItemCommand." Since I need to use posh-git, I need the PowerShell command line to actually work.

:)

Al_27, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Cannot dir in My Documents folder from a command line :)

3. DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.

Is there a way with DIR command line via CMD or power shell to list the contents of a directory but exclude the contents of the folders and generate a a bare list(location name only). Just list the files and folders?

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 27, 2019
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot dir in My Documents folder from a command line - Similar Threads - Cannot dir Documents

2. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  3. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  4. Documents Folder under the user dir now points to the user dir and I can't change it.

Documents Folder under the user dir now points to the user dir and I can't change it.: I was trying to move my user folder "%USERPROFILE%\Documents", using the location tab, to another directory and accidentally used "%USERPROFILE%". Now if I go to that dir "%USERPROFILE%" The documents folder takes me back to "%USERPROFILE%". The Location tab is now gone. I...
  5. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work: I am using W'10, Administrative Windows Power Shell, command line.When I do a "DIR" it works, but when I add parameters, I get this error message:-----------------PS C:\> dir /sdir : Cannot find path 'C:\s' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ dir /s+ ~~~~~~ +...
  6. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work: I am using W'10, Administrative Windows Power Shell, command line.When I do a "DIR" it works, but when I add parameters, I get this error message:-----------------PS C:\> dir /sdir : Cannot find path 'C:\s' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ dir /s+ ~~~~~~ +...
  7. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

8. Bug in the DIR command?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug in the DIR command?: Hi all. I'm running Version 10.0.17134.1365 and recently I've been testing long file names and how they're handled in an application that I work on. Strangely I noticed that when I try to see what the short name is for one of these files, they're not displaying correctly....
  9. DIR commands

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DIR commands: So recently I used the DIR commands to be able to see hidden and Invisible files, is there any way to revert this? submitted by /u/Creeper_King_558 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inyfq2/dir_commands/
  10. command line to copy files from dir A to B but skip existing ones

in Windows 10 Support
    command line to copy files from dir A to B but skip existing ones: Hi there Is there a Windows command that can copy files from say directory A to directory B but skip any with the same name I don't want to update even if say directory A has a newer version than directory B --simply use existing names --if it exists skip. I'm trying to...