Windows 10: Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

Discus and support Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wessltov, Jun 15, 2022.

1. wessltov Win User

Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there should be a slider under Multitasking to disable the setting. However, this slider appears to be missing for me: Disabling window snapping completely also disables the Aero Shake, but that feature I actually like. I want to disable Aero Shake without losing the ability to snap windows to the side of my screen. Can someone help

:)

wessltov, Jun 15, 2022

2. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Hi ErikSwanson-

I'm Kevin B. Independent advisor and a Windows user like you. I do apologize for the inconvenience about the aero shake, let me help you sort things out.

Aero Shake is one of the many features introduced with Windows 7 and continues to be part of Windows 10 as well. The feature enables you to quickly minimize all open windows except the currently active window by shaking the currently active window or using
    Windows logo + Home keyboard shortcut.

Enable or disable Aero Shake via Settings

The Aero Shake feature doesn’t work if the Snap is turned off.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > System > Multitasking.

Step 2: Turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to sides of corners of the screen option to disable the Aero Shake. Turn this option on to enable Aero Shake

If you don’t want to turn off the snap feature or the multitasking features to get rid of Aero Shake, refer to the directions in Method 2 or Method 3.

That is the simplest way to disable it but again if your company has a restriction about the admin rights it will be hard for you to do this.

Also, if you have a IT administrator you can actually request to disable to functions about your Aero shake.

Hope this will help and have a blessed day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Jun 15, 2022
  3. Disable aero snap between monitors

Hello.

I have had windows 10 for about a year now and are useing a multi monitor setup. I found out the first day after I installes windows 10 that the aero snap was going to be realy annoying so I did a lot of searching to try and disable the problem or work around
    it. I found that I cud disable it but that also ment that I cud no longer grab and drag maximized windoes like I can with aero snap active. I can also not snap the windows to the top of the screen like I want to keep. So I desided to keep the snap on and see
    if I cud get used to it, as you might guess I am not used to it and are about to go mad.

So what I want is to ask is if there is a way to disable aero snap between monitors and sticky corners, but keep the snap to the top of the screens like we had in windows 7.

RubenRotmo, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling Snap

Hi Dan,

Snap assist is a neat productivity feature especially for those of us who have multiple windows open at once. If you're having issues disabling the feature and you've done all the steps on how to disable the said feature to no avail, let's try a different approach.
    We've found a thread similar to your concern. Check this thread
    and see if the steps will work for you. If not, you can also post directly on our
    TechNet Windows 10 Networking forum to have further assistance from our IT Professionals.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features - Similar Threads - Cannot disable Aero

2. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  3. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  4. Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings: References spotted in the preview builds had suggested that a future Windows 10 update will retire the unpopular ‘Aero Shake’ feature, which was introduced with Windows 7 to improve the multitasking experience. In response to user feedback, Microsoft is now making Aero Shake...
  5. Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature: One of the great things about Windows is how intuitive it is. The majority of its essential features can be easily accessed by the users and they’re also heavily promoted by Microsoft. There are some useful or unpopular features that are hidden away and Microsoft is now...
  6. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin: I had yet another frustrating bout of Aero shake hiding all the windows I was working with today. It's been eleven years. Can you PLEASE allow users to turn this off without editing the registry? I work for the government. I don't have admin access to my work computer. I'm...
  7. Autolock Feature cannot be disabled

Autolock Feature cannot be disabled: I just received my Surface Book 3 and in 2 days, my screen has started to autolock once I disconnect it from the keyboard. I have done the following : 1. Reset my laptop, 2. Calibrated my Sleep Timeout Settings options to "Never" 3. Calibrated my Screen Saver Settings to...
  8. Disabling Snap

Disabling Snap: I would like to disable snap. Snap windows is turned off, but still after idle time even short, the operating system automatically drags all open windows to the top left corner of my screen and shrinks them. What should I do? Thanks, Efrat...
  9. Disabling snap

Disabling snap: In Windows 10, I have disabled snap, both from Display--> Multitasking, and checked from Ease of Access Center --> Make the mouse easier to use, have checked "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen". Still, each window goes to...
  10. Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 [img] Information Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar. Shaking the...