Windows 10: Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

Discus and support Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire e5 laptop. When I click the wifi button in my task bar, it displays all the available wifi networks. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sevensixtwo, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

I have Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire e5 laptop.

When I click the wifi button in my task bar, it displays all the available wifi networks. When I highlight each network, it has a box to check for "connect automatically." No matter how many times I uncheck these boxes, the next time I view the available networks, they are checked again. I have gone into settings->wifi->adapter settings and made sure auto-connect it is not checked in there. However, when I view the available networks, there is no way for me to uncheck the connect automatically box. (I can uncheck it but then it it is checked again next time I open it.) This is new behavior since I moved to a new area, and I want it to go back to normal where my wifi is not telling that it will connect automatically to everything.

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi [​IMG]

:)

sevensixtwo, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Apr 19, 2019
  4. darkf0xx Win User

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

1. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi - Similar Threads - Cannot disable auto

2. Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect: There's no feature to disable bluetooth auto connect. Why? No one knows. I want to be able to put my laptop to sleep and not have to come back upstairs to put it in hibernate or turn off bluetooth altogether just to use my earbuds on my phone. Very annoying, please fix....
  3. Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Bluetooth Auto Connect: There's no feature to disable bluetooth auto connect. Why? No one knows. I want to be able to put my laptop to sleep and not have to come back upstairs to put it in hibernate or turn off bluetooth altogether just to use my earbuds on my phone. Very annoying, please fix....
  4. Disable Bluetooth Auto-Connect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Bluetooth Auto-Connect?: This is the most annoying feature windows 10 has and I cannot find a way to disable it. When I am listening to radio on my phone with my Bluetooth headphones as windows boots up, suddenly I'm cut off and connect to windows 10. I've tried editing the registry key:...
  5. How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?: [ATTACH] Connect automatically is not selected, but Windows still connects to the WIFI on startup. How do I disable the WIFI auto connect when its not selected?...
  6. Disable bluetooth auto connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable bluetooth auto connect: Hey, I want to stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to ANYTHING. No, I dont want to disconnect the devices. No, I dont want to disable bluetooth. I just want to disable auto-connect. submitted by /u/Philipp4 [link] [comments]...
  7. auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected

auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected: Hi I had auto disabling of wifi when ethernet connected, using a Realtek App, which worked extremeley well, it was accidently uninstalled, now i cant find this app anywhere. was called wifi monitor i think. Apparently there is a way of doing this within windows, but need...
  8. Disable auto-connect of microphone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable auto-connect of microphone?: So I've been trying to use my Jaybird X3s and now X4s with my home computer. Every time I go on and pair the earphones the first time it works just fine without the microphone playing back to the sound. But then I turn them off and put them away and when I come back and turn...
  9. WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES

WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES: Hi, Could some please assist me by giving a solution to my problem, A few of my friends have used my computer to connected to other wifi source now i can't seem to get rid of them they are still present even when the connection is not in range as well as all the...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...