Windows 10: Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

Discus and support Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So a few months ago I had to roll my computer back from Windows build 1803 to build 1703 due to many unsolvable bugs involving my GPU. Ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jean-Thomas Morin, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

Hello,

So a few months ago I had to roll my computer back from Windows build 1803 to build 1703 due to many unsolvable bugs involving my GPU. Ever since, Windows has been trying to automatically download build 1803 everyday. I searched online for advice on how to turn off automatic updates, and none of them worked. I tried to go to services.msc and then putting the startup type of Delivery Optimization & Windows Update to 'disabled', I also tried to change the Group Policy settings, as well as changing options in 'Choose how updates are delivered' in the Advanced options of the Windows Update settings tab.

None of them worked, and a few days ago, without my knowledge, Windows had redownloaded build 1803. There was nothing I could do to prevent the installation & the problems came back. I now successfully went back to build 1703 and I am worried that Windows automatic updates might mess everything up again.

If anybody has another solution to this quite bothersome feature of Windows, please let me know.

:)

Jean-Thomas Morin, Sep 16, 2018
  2. OmedAli Win User

Disable Automatic Updates Button in Windows 10 Build 1607 and 1703

Hi,

I have tried the below solution for disabling automatic update for Windows 10 Anniversary Update(Build 1607) and Windows 10 Creators Update(Build 1703)

• Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit in the Open box.

• Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

• Add one of the following settings:

• Value name: NoAutoUpdate
        Value data: 0 or 1
        • 0: Automatic Updates is enabled (default).
        • 1: Automatic Updates is disabled.
        Registry Value Type: Reg_DWORD

• Value name: AUOptions
        Value data: 1 to 4
        • 1: Keep my computer up to date has been disabled in Automatic Updates.
        • 2: Notify of download and installation.
        • 3: Automatically download and notify of installation.
        • 4: Automatically download and scheduled installation.
        Registry Value Type: Reg_DWORD

Refer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...es-by-using-group-policy-or-registry-settings

But it does not. It works on Windows 10 Build 1511.

Any suggests will be helpful.

OmedAli, Sep 16, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Disable Automatic Updates Button in Windows 10 Build 1607 and 1703

Hi,

To better assist you with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to prevent your computer from automatically updating to the mentioned builds, or are you disabling automatic driver updates for those builds?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you facing any performance related issues on your PC?

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

1. Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable automatic

2. Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703: I have been trying to update my windows 10 forever, however, different error codes and messages appears to prevent me from updating. Here's what i have done: 1. Windows Update Error - 0x80240034 - Did the restore health command with 100% completion, but sfc scan now...
  3. Cannot install updates past Windows 1703 Update

Cannot install updates past Windows 1703 Update: I am having issues updating Windows 10 1703 to any feature pack updates. My setup is a Asus X99-Deluxe U/3.1 motherboard, i7 5820k processor, 64GB of memory, an SSD or the operation system and a RAID 5 setup. My system is on the last BIOS pushed out version is 3701. In...
  4. Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803

Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803: Hi, I have around 300 Windows 10 build 1703 machines laptops / desktops and looking to upgrade to build 1803. I have not tested anything just yet but looking to get a heads up here. When moving to a new build does windows remove the users favourites from IE? Do Windows...
  5. Windows Update Not Working Build 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Not Working Build 1703: Hi, I was wondering if there's an issue with Windows Update or my PC. I've been trying to get this build right for a while, and just when I think I have it, I find another issue! I'll give you a little background to start. I built this PC to be a multi-purpose...
  6. Cannot See Build 1703

Cannot See Build 1703: I'm on Windows 10 x64 1607 and my PC will not go any further. My server is on 1703, but my Desktop refuses to see it, even when checking for updates. I also tried to install manually, but I get an error that update not applicable to this PC. Thanks 95203
  7. Update to version 1703 Build 16199.1000 fails

Update to version 1703 Build 16199.1000 fails: I am running build 16193.1001 on a Sony Viao laptop (SVE14A27CXH). 16193.1001 installed on 5/12/17 without any issues. On 5/18/17 build 16199.1000 was downloaded and installed via Windows update. There were no error messages during the update process but in update history...
  8. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544
  9. Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413): I updated my Desktop with the latest Creators Update (1703 (OS Build 15063.413)) on 1st July. It has worked smoothly and without a hiccup for five days. Should I consider my updated Windows 10 as stable or wait for some more time? Suggestions please. Amarnath Wanchoo 88277
  10. Cannot export custom start menu layout with build 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot export custom start menu layout with build 1703: Updated to latest version of Creator's Update (15063.250), when I try to export a custom start menu layout for use on other Windows 10 workstations I get an error. Under PowerShell (admin) I run: export-startlayout -path c:\teststart.xml I get the following in return:...