Windows 10: Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_167, Aug 11, 2019.

1. David_167 Win User

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further?

Details:

Today the builtin touchpad started functioning again and I can't remember how I disabled it when I first bought this laptop. I use a USB external mouse that works much better. When this touchpad is enabled, I accidentally touch it while typing and chaos ensues.

(Previous thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-disable-elan-clickpad-on-windows-10-after/35011084-c48c-4d4c-8496-e51dc3976c13?auth=1 did not help.)

:)

David_167, Aug 11, 2019

2. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 after Anniversary update

Hi Brian,

It is a built in feature of your device that's why you were unable to remove the touchpad drivers. You can only disable the functionality of your touchpad. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select Properties.
    • On the Driver tab, select Disable Device.

Note: If you disable the touchpad, you need to use the keyboard or external mouse to navigate your computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Elan touch pad

Hi William,

To disable tap-to-click function, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Mouse Settings.
    • Under Related Settings, select Additional Mouse Options.Click on the
      ELAN tab.
    • Click the Options button.
    • The first option should be Tapping.
    • Uncheck Enabled.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Ravinath P, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

1. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable ELAN

2. elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update: to whom it may concern my name is Simone and I have an issue with my laptop's touchpad. after updating to windows 10 21H1 it stopped working properly: sometimes it recognises more than one finger touching it as you can see in the dinamic icon and it starts resizing pages due...
  3. Elan Clickpad Stops Working

Elan Clickpad Stops Working: Hi,My PC is an HP Stream 14 running Windows 10 Version 1703. My clickpad stopped working somewhere around October last year, and I've still not found a fix. At first, I thought it was a software issue, so I uninstalled the clickpad's driver, reinstalled it, installed it from...
  4. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  5. Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx. I upgraded it to windows 1909. Initially everything was fine but suddenly, the trackpad became erratic, clicking randomly everywhere, freezing, jumping and all sorts of weird movements. I tried updating drivers, it worked fine...
  6. disable clickpad

disable clickpad: How to disabe clickpad in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-clickpad/4264ad3a-f208-4313-8d7e-e939e24056d5
  7. Elan clickpad drivers update for windows 10? Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Elan clickpad drivers update for windows 10? Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm: So I cant find an update that is compatible with the current version of windows. The diver has been broken since the updates Release back in April of 2019. I can’t even update to the HP provided driver that came out in May 2019, because windows says it is not compatible with...
  8. Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100: I just received this laptop and need to disable the pinch zoom. If it is not possible, I would like to return the laptop. James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-elan-clickpad-pinch-zoom-pavilion-laptop/8ae50b00-e989-4adb-a3e7-d2e857cc0d2e
  9. Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode: Touchpad is unusable because it seems to be stuck in click lock mode. Sometimes after a restart, it works fine for a while. Maybe a windows update? I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver. I tried uninstalling last few windows updates. Worked for a while, then started...
  10. Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500: Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since installing Windows 10, the ELAN device does not show up under devices and I cannot disable. Does anyone know how to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable elan clickpad

2. elan clickpad

3. clickpad

4. elan clickpad settings,
  5. elan clickpad not working in windows 10 new update 2019,
  6. disable clickpad,
  7. disable clickpad windows 10,
  8. elan touchpad disable,
  9. disable elan clickpad on windows 10,
  10. disable elan clickpad in w10,
  11. unable to uninstall elan clickpad HP stream laptop