Windows 10: Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_167, Aug 11, 2019.

1. David_167 Win User

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further?

Details:

Today the builtin touchpad started functioning again and I can't remember how I disabled it when I first bought this laptop. I use a USB external mouse that works much better. When this touchpad is enabled, I accidentally touch it while typing and chaos ensues.

(Previous thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-disable-elan-clickpad-on-windows-10-after/35011084-c48c-4d4c-8496-e51dc3976c13?auth=1 did not help.)

:)

David_167, Aug 11, 2019

2. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 after Anniversary update

Hi Brian,

It is a built in feature of your device that's why you were unable to remove the touchpad drivers. You can only disable the functionality of your touchpad. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select Properties.
    • On the Driver tab, select Disable Device.

Note: If you disable the touchpad, you need to use the keyboard or external mouse to navigate your computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Elan touch pad

Hi William,

To disable tap-to-click function, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Mouse Settings.
    • Under Related Settings, select Additional Mouse Options.Click on the
      ELAN tab.
    • Click the Options button.
    • The first option should be Tapping.
    • Uncheck Enabled.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Ravinath P, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

1. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable ELAN

2. Synaptic ClickPad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptic ClickPad not working: Last night my touchpad worked perfectly fine, today I opened my laptop and it wouldn't work anymore. I have an HP Envy x360 and it's not even 2 years old yet. -I've tried reinstalling the drivers, it hasn't worked. -It doesn't show up anywhere on the computer except in an...
  3. How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?

How to disable palm tracking in ELAN touchpad?: I bought a new acer laptop with ELAN touchpad driver. Am not able to use keyboard and touchpad at the same time(when i hold the key , the touchpad freezes). I had the same issue on another laptop with synaptics and got it fixed through registry. I dont know what to do to...
  4. Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode: Touchpad is unusable because it seems to be stuck in click lock mode. Sometimes after a restart, it works fine for a while. Maybe a windows update? I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver. I tried uninstalling last few windows updates. Worked for a while, then started...
  5. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop: I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other...
  6. Windows 10 Elan touchpad Broken

Windows 10 Elan touchpad Broken: Hello any anybody that will see this. I currently have a problem on my Aspire E15 where I cannot use my touch pad completely. I have tried to find it in Device Manager under MOUSE AND POINTERS but could not find it. I also tried to use the control panel which was also...
  7. clickpad

clickpad: how can I disable the clickpad win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clickpad/ed05174a-48f6-4562-95f3-d593d056cf42
  8. Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently found out that each time ELAN driver gets installed on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen Error message pop-up when rebooting my laptop. After every Windows update, I need to boot my laptop in Safe Mode and delete the ELAN driver in order for it to...
  9. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  10. Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500: Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since installing Windows 10, the ELAN device does not show up under devices and I cannot disable. Does anyone know how to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable elan clickpad