Windows 10: cannot disable error reporting service

Discus and support cannot disable error reporting service in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not only that this is privacy issue. It is better to disable it for performance. I have disabled this service. I have even disabled in privacy program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, May 15, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

cannot disable error reporting service

Not only that this is privacy issue. It is better to disable it for performance. I have disabled this service. I have even disabled in privacy program and it is still reporting errors, today i saw it running windows problem reporting wemgr.exe and i checked in msinfo, that it still reporting. How do i perma disable this ?

:)

empleat, May 15, 2019
  2. DTM74 Win User

Windows 10 Error Reporting Service Hangs System

This listed process does not fix the condition. The Windows Error Reporting service must be completely disabled using msconfig tool. Any action taken prior to disabling that service does not correct that issue.

DTM74, May 15, 2019
  3. Disable specific error report

Hello Borate,

There is no way for us to disable error 69 reporting from the Event Viewer. However, we can create a custom filter for the event logs and hide error 69 from the report. You may follow these steps, how to:

• Open Event Viewer. Under Windows logs, click
      System.
      cannot disable error reporting service bb424486-bb1f-4b2c-a147-616d5534ee76.jpg
    • On the Action tab, click Filter Current Log.
      cannot disable error reporting service 9fd9f2e0-bef6-44a9-8eec-9495dc310840.jpg

• You can now filter error 69 using Filter current log. On the screenshot provided, I filtered the error 69. I type in 1-69, and starts again with 70-100000 so it will not count in error 69. Once you’re done, click Okay.

cannot disable error reporting service 89450634-89cd-4d6f-99e5-db59bc6fae18.jpg
    • Click Save Filter to Custom View. Add the name
      and description then click OK.

cannot disable error reporting service 5446bc78-35db-4dda-983b-d4a4a493ab0a.jpg

Hiding or stopping Event Viewer from reporting Error 69 may not address the root cause of this issue. We would highly suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) scans to check for missing or corrupted
    system files, if there are any. To run the said scans, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands, one after the other completes the scan:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    If the results of SFC or DISM scan would state that it found corrupted files and repaired those, you would need to restart your computer to apply the changes. Afterwards, check if you would still encounter the Error 69 from Event Viewer which you were getting.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, May 15, 2019
  4. jscarano Win User

Disable error reporting in Windows 10 Anniversary edition

I have tried the registry edit I found on other pages but I havent seemed to get it disabled. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to get error reporting disabled? thanks

jscarano, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot disable error reporting service - Similar Threads - cannot disable error

2. Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service: Within that message box it also states "Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting Service. Please try again later." I would only like to know if this could be caused by Microsoft is not supporting Windows 7 anymore....
  3. Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service: Within that message box it also states "Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting Service. Please try again later." I would only like to know if this could be caused by Microsoft is not supporting Windows 7 anymore....
  4. problem connecting to windows error reporting service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem connecting to windows error reporting service: During windows 7 backup recieved error 0x81000037, clicked on checking for a solution and recieved problem connecting to windows error reporting service....
  5. problem connecting to windows error reporting service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem connecting to windows error reporting service: During windows 7 backup recieved error 0x81000037, clicked on checking for a solution and recieved problem connecting to windows error reporting service....
  6. windows service disable and cannot enable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows service disable and cannot enable it: windows service disable and cannot enable itplease anyone tell and please dont tell to reset pc plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-service-disable-and-cannot-enable-it/5def58fc-8307-4831-9345-b4d6352c9ab7
  7. Windows 10 Update Error - Service is Disabled/Cannot Be Started

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Error - Service is Disabled/Cannot Be Started: Hi, I'm not sure what error is causing the update service to not run. Earlier errors showed that Windows Update was disabled with code 0x80070422. I tried to troubleshoot and it said that the problem couldn't be identified. I had checked on services.msc and it showed...
  8. Error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no...: I have a Acer laptop running Windows 10. I just did a clean reboot of my computer via USB drive. Now, whenever I try to run any kind of .exe file, I get the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled device...
  9. Disable Windows Error Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Windows Error Reporting: When a program crashes, how do you disable the menu that pops up that ask if you want to fix it and then attempts to send data? 9719
  10. Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG: Hi All Cannot get any updates for my windows 10 PC - update service hanging - am now 1 year out of date Tried to stop/start Windows Update service but that comes back with 'unable to stop service' Suggestion was to try a clean start by disabling non MS services Tried this...